Ask a Child Avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 68 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Magneto Bashly said:

having been a part of second life for so long I know the kind of creepy people that they can come into contact with, it all of our responsibilities to protect real life children. 

They are adults and don't need protecting but do need to stick to the TOS.

2 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I think in this instance Magneto is talking about real life children, not adults using child avatars. Surely you can agree that real life children should be protected? 

• Confused 1

On 5/28/2024 at 10:25 AM, Kathlen Onyx said:

I am wondering why child avatars act like children when asking for support or help in a group chat?  I've seen some really obnoxious behavior in various group chats and the excuse is always "but I'm a kiddddd"  This is really the only thing that bothers me about child avatars.  If you are having a RL issue with a product or item then I really think you should present as an adult in those situations.

I think being a part of Beyou kind of gave me my first look at child avatars.  I really don't mind and if they are around I will engage in treating them like the age they represent.  I've never come across any child avatar that had sketchy behavior or was doing anything out of the ordinary.  It is fun sometimes to engage with them in RP,  in a fun way.  I've never seen a child avatar that demanded this though.  

Well it comes down to most children avatars want to be seen, treated as, viewed as and interacted as if we were real children I get that totally do. And in some cases you'll find children avatars will force the issue on you, I have been guilty of that in the past myself, however I have learned to adjust and as much as it may kill me you can't always be like that, because you can't force someone to rp with you, and if you try it ends badly. And I also understand why someone would want to force themselves on someone, with so much hate that goes around, but it the wrong way to do things.

mes tak lik dis n u'll find dat mes wil alwa b lik dis

But because I do own a business within second life there are times I have to drop it and talk more like this, it doesn't take anything away form who I am to give people the respect they deserve, just as we want to be respected.

another thing I have learned over the years is English is not every body's language, so talking like (hewwo dar mes is Mags) They're not going to be able to pick up on what your saying, and if they're using a translator it will come out as meanless giribish. So I have learned to be more open minded when it comes to speaking with people.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I was referring to when you come across real life children, that need to be protected from what we know is out there, and they do not know. You can't turn a blind eye when you come across small children in second life, youngest person I came across was maybe 5 years old and I had no choice but to report them I felt lik a jerk for doing it but I still had to, for there own good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

RL kids aren't logging on and making kiddie avis. Adults are. 

I think Magneto was talking about RL kids making adult avatars and getting into situations they shouldn't in reference to the question of what would you do if you discovered a real kid in SL. 

Again, surely you can agree that real life children should be protected? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

RL kids aren't logging on and making kiddie avis. Adults are.

He said that...

14 minutes ago, Magneto Bashly said:

Another problem rl children that come in, don't come in as child avatars so that is another problem within itself. I've heard stories where people have gotten involved with a real life child thinking they were an adult. So yes it is a huge problem, and pretending it not ant going to make it any better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Magneto Bashly said:

I was referring to when you come across real life children

"I am very nice, and kind to anyone I meet within second life, but even more so I feel they are a real child, and I do worry about their safety"

I took this to mean that you feel children in SL are rl children. 

Just now, brodiac90 said:

I think Magneto was talking about RL kids making adult avatars and getting into situations they shouldn't in reference to the question of what would you do if you discovered a real kid in SL. 

Again, surely you can agree that real life children should be protected? 

I ran into a 16 year old at the Welcome Hub.  She said right in local chat she was 16 and looking for a boyfriend in SL.  Quite a few of us reported her ASAP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I ran into a 16 year old at the Welcome Hub.  She said right in local chat she was 16 and looking for a boyfriend in SL.  Quite a few of us reported her ASAP.

Bloody hell. 

Good. 

Also, if we're necroing my old thread then let's please keep it to the format of asking question and then child avatars responding. This is quite a nice thread and I'd rather it not get locked. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Also, if we're necroing my old thread then let's please keep it to the format of asking question and then child avatars responding.

How do you feel about the thread being necromanced?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How do you feel about the thread being necromanced?

Depends entirely on how people use it. If we can keep things civilised and do some good, then I will be happy. If people use it as just another opportunity to divide and hate then that would upset me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

One of my siblings in a family roleplay community on a G rated sim was 16 in real life

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I've a series of questions then for all the child avatars. It's been 7 weeks since the child avatar TOS changes of May 2nd and the June 30th deadline is only days away. 

@Sadvhi @Madi Melodious@Magneto Bashly @NicholasTheHufflepuffWizard@Lilbap@Sydelle Zanzibar@PheebyKatz

I'd like to think of this as the aftermath discussion. 

Breaking down the changes, how have you been effected by:

1) The ban on adult land. 

2) The not being allowed near nudity rule. 

3) Your usage of Moderate sims. Do you go to these less than you did before? How is the experience? 

4) The availability of content - think avatars being updated specifically. 

5) The modesty layers. 

6) Overall how do you feel about everything? 

For the adults wishing to participate 

1) Have you noticed a marked change in the number of child avatars out and about? Has there been a change in the amount of child avatars you see in Moderate sims? 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yea. Welcome Hubs are for losers.

• Confused 1

As a whole, it doesn't bother me. I only miss my old home sim, I mentioned it was functionally Moderate with the rules but was set adult because people didn't understand the ToS and thought a sim had to be adult if hanky panky was going on inside people's homes.

I'm all for it, I just wish gals would stop showing up places with their cooters showing. Like I was on a M sim the other day some chica shows up with a open front dress held together by front lacing. I don't expect people to change their SLs to accomidate me, but like M is the only rating sim I feel comfortable in. G tends to be, in my opinion, more young than I am comfortable with. For someone to come in all flapping ugly in the breeze feels like I have to retreat even when they're in the wrong. If I say, "This is a mature sim, could you please cover up," I get snarled at, "KIDS SHOULD BE BANNED!" Come on, I follow the rules, you can too!

3) Your usage of Moderate sims. Do you go to these less than you did before? How is the experience? 

For the most part, I try to get along with everyone, so moderate sims are kind of my space. The really young presenting tend to stay to G sims and the creepers tend to go to the A sims I wouldn't have gone to in the first place.

I have trouble finding shoes that fit, rig more shoes please, its not 2000.

5) The modesty layers. 

Oh boy, here's where I'm going to get heat. I'm non-binary and asexual RL. In SL I wear a boy skin because it doesn't have drawn on girl bits. I do wear modesty layers, but I really don't see a point, if I were to take off my underwear I'm smooth as a store maniquin down below, no boy bits, no girl bits. Some days I have boy energy, some days I have girl energy. I don't understand why I would need to wear a bra if I don't have the upper bits either. I don't see guys waddling around wearing Seinfeld Bro's when they're bare chested.

Mostly, I find it more amusing than anything else. I could literally RP on a sim where people are mowing people down with machinegun fire dressed in Hugo Boss uniforms, but having to wear a silly bra because someone might derender my clothes seems kinda crazy. I mean, if my looking like I'm 11 upsets someone, I feel it should be on them to mute and derender me. Because the moment I complain about someone treating me like the scum of the earth for having the termarity to log in and try to be happy all I get is, "Just block them," like that solves the issue of them trying to hurl hate and false accusations at me in public.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lilbap said:

As a whole, it doesn't bother me. I only miss my old home sim, I mentioned it was functionally Moderate with the rules but was set adult because people didn't understand the ToS and thought a sim had to be adult if hanky panky was going on inside people's homes.

I'm all for it, I just wish gals would stop showing up places with their cooters showing. Like I was on a M sim the other day some chica shows up with a open front dress held together by front lacing. I don't expect people to change their SLs to accomidate me, but like M is the only rating sim I feel comfortable in. G tends to be, in my opinion, more young than I am comfortable with. For someone to come in all flapping ugly in the breeze feels like I have to retreat even when they're in the wrong. If I say, "This is a mature sim, could you please cover up," I get snarled at, "KIDS SHOULD BE BANNED!" Come on, I follow the rules, you can too!

For the most part, I try to get along with everyone, so moderate sims are kind of my space. The really young presenting tend to stay to G sims and the creepers tend to go to the A sims I wouldn't have gone to in the first place.

I have trouble finding shoes that fit, rig more shoes please, its not 2000.

5) The modesty layers. 

Oh boy, here's where I'm going to get heat. I'm non-binary and asexual RL. In SL I wear a boy skin because it doesn't have drawn on girl bits. I do wear modesty layers, but I really don't see a point, if I were to take off my underwear I'm smooth as a store maniquin down below, no boy bits, no girl bits. Some days I have boy energy, some days I have girl energy. I don't understand why I would need to wear a bra if I don't have the upper bits either. I don't see guys waddling around wearing Seinfeld Bro's when they're bare chested.

Mostly, I find it more amusing than anything else. I could literally RP on a sim where people are mowing people down with machinegun fire dressed in Hugo Boss uniforms, but having to wear a silly bra because someone might derender my clothes seems kinda crazy. I mean, if my looking like I'm 11 upsets someone, I feel it should be on them to mute and derender me. Because the moment I complain about someone treating me like the scum of the earth for having the termarity to log in and try to be happy all I get is, "Just block them," like that solves the issue of them trying to hurl hate and false accusations at me in public.

I love your post, you shouldn't worry about getting heat, for expressing your feelings, I mean the thread that Linden Lab closed on the layers got so out of hand, because 1 person saw it as an opportunity to bully us, for not having their option. 

I said it before and I'll say it again, hell I may even say it 100 more times lol, children avatars shouldn't be nude, unless it is for a bath, potty training, diaper changes ETC, some people will take that and twist it to their sick view, but that is natural part of life.

Now as fr as the Mostly layers go, I don't mind having underwear on, as far as the bare chest goes, ou don't have to worry because if there is nothing there, but a flat chest they have all ready said it is fine, unless they went back on that.

Your never going to find 100% acceptance, that is true of any group within second life. Not just ours. However when people start to mistreat you because of the way you are (Child Avatar, Furry what ever ETC . . . .)  they are being a cyber bully and you can report them to linden lab for it and you should, once it becomes no longer expressing your option and turns to harassment

by the way I was once told by someone that if they had it their way we would all be exterminated, any time I would run into that person they would come on voice and be like I"m DE-render that, I don't want that in my second life. 

People will always find a way to be hurtful, don't let it get to you, they're just wanting to get a rise out of you, in short they are trolling you.

Again great post, keep on expressing yourself and let people know how you feel. Open communication is one of the greatest and most positive way we can get people to see who we are as a community.

1 hour ago, Lilbap said:

Some days I have boy energy, some days I have girl energy. I don't understand why I would need to wear a bra if I don't have the upper bits either. I don't see guys waddling around wearing Seinfeld Bro's when they're bare chested.

Welcome to my rl. And most women's. 

6 minutes ago, Magneto Bashly said:

I am open to answering people's questions if they have questions re-guarding child avatars.

Dear Child Avatar

Do you feel sometimes that some resident's Inner Child might be lonely and depressed and should be visited by their adult for some nurturing? 

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 68 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.