You are isekaied into Second Life. What do you do?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think I will have to do everything I can to find a way back because I would miss my son and grandkids way too much.

But I'd sure have fun for awhile. No tier. Don't have to eat. Can build with prims to my hearts content. Being able to take damage doesn't really sound like fun, so I'd have to be very careful. Maybe, just maybe, if something like this was possible, then perhaps I could make a time machine and go back to the beginning. 2003 would be a real trip!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

My usual body I'd probably find out that heels and walking aren't that good for your calves

See, this is where I think a little bit of SL Jank can go a long way. Heels are not a problem at all, because ankle lock and hover height! No more risk of yikes and ouch and holy hell why do I do this!

Just turn it on and then raise hover a smidgen so you don't really touch the ground, et voilá, you've removed the pain points and danger of heels!

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Charlemagne Allen said:

You are forcibly physically entered into Second Life by magic. You are stuck in your avatar body. What do you do?

16 hours ago, Charlemagne Allen said:

Imagine you only have the money on your account and the stuff in your inventory.

I'll sit outside, overlooking the Linden water, and sort my inventory for a bit. Then I'll fly down to the train station and ride my little train to the furthest reaches of the Ranch regions and back. 

I'll chill on my weekly stipend, not needing food, without RL worries, and explore SL. I'll also ask my ex-BF & other friends to help me pay my annual Premium fee. They'll do it, because it would be cool to know someone who literally got sucked into SL.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

-Will I "age"?  If I made the (very poor IMO) decision to be a "child avatar", will I be the constant victim of horrible, horrible pedos?

-If I last chose to be an avatar "not my true gender", will I be stuck in that avatar's gender?

Letting the user in these cases "use all their inventory" seems like cheating to me, then they could basically "solve any problem" that comes up.  I think it would be a lot more fun if they are helpless, essentially in a hellish landscape of Second Life - but "real".

If we have access to our inventory and we can wear clothing from it, then we would also be able to wear any shape, skin, hair, mesh bodies and heads that we have in our inventory.

Can we buy stuff on the SL Marketplace or only inworld?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Psyche Starling said:

Oh yeah, the toilet! One of my houses has one and the other doesn't. I'll have to either rez one there or tp to the other one when nature calls. 🤣

If we have to eat ( even though our avatars don't ), then we might need to use the bathroom too.

However, SL bathrooms don't have complete plumbing, and neither do SL avatars. They don't have internal organs, unless they're connected to other mesh parts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I would create a computer, and spend a few hours a day playing Third Life 😋

I have computers in my SL furniture with access to the internet, so I'd probably spend time watching YouTube. Would I have an internet connection though?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I have computers in my SL furniture with access to the internet, so I'd probably spend time watching YouTube. Would I have an internet connection though?

Yep, but no adblocker 😓  Unless there are somehow adblockers in our internal web browsers, that would be pretty cool to find out.  It is to bad we can not add extensions on them.

Snapshot_456.thumb.jpg.3240ae24faa35ecb9bb0ebdcb191a271.jpg

Watching movies in SL, somehow makes them better.  I love to sit back on my couch, throw on Pluto, and relax to a show or movie.  I think that is probably what I would do if I were in SL, I mean among other things like exploring, building, throwing noobies in volcanoes, shooting zombies,  but yeah, I would also be at my computer and spending time on the forums.

I can see it now:
"Hey guyz!  I'm stuck in SL!!"

Plus we can post pictures to the forum from the internal browser, so I would be all set. 

• Like 2

"SL Overlord"

I'm gonna throw a party.

In SL my house is bigger, by several orders of magnitude, and I own it. I have a poop ton more money. My inventory is overflowing, and my avatar is way more buff and physically fit than my worn-out old RL body. Plus we can like, fly.

The only down side is that whole "vulnerable in all regions" bit. Why the rule change? Most isekai give you a cheat or super-power, not add rules to make it more dangerous. Other than that I'm all over it.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Charlemagne Allen said:

transported to and have to survive in another world, such as a fantasy world, game world, or parallel universe without the possibility of returning to their original world

Ohh, POMNI-ed. What would would you do if you were Pomni-ed?

Twitch with your eye and accept your fate with dread and fear, I guess.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman

I wonder what would happen if I ran into one of my alts, would they also be me? would I also be them? I'd probably form a group to look for other isekaied SLers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

I wonder what would happen if I ran into one of my alts, would they also be me? would I also be them? I'd probably form a group to look for other isekaied SLers.

That's what I would miss most - my alts Alycia & Tasha. I assume there would be no one in RL to run them, and even if there were, they wouldn't be themselves without me running them. Losing them would be like losing 2 of my best friends. I'd have to go make friends with real people in SL & put in the work necessary to maintain those friendships.

Note: In my version of this scenario, I only take damage when it's enabled in a region. Otherwise, my avatar is invulnerable, like a cartoon character. I don't have to eat, and all the SL food tastes like cardboard. Everything smells like plywood and ozone, except Linden water smells and tastes slightly salty. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Probably just exists as a sock puppet somewhere.

4 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Probably be split up into multiple avatars like the characters in Herman's Head.

MV5BODUyNzc2NDItMzk0NS00N2EzLTg2MDgtZDNh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

This would be me! 

Toddleedoo / Tweeneedoo

• Freak out that I'm a kid again and that I'm in SL.
  • Panic that 'I'm back,' but then relax when I realise I'm safe.
  • Test out the seemingly never ending energy levels and flexibility of my now youthful body by jumping on my bed and rolling around. 
  • Say hello to all my teddies and bears. 
  • Then cuddles with mom when she comes in to see what all the rucus is about.
  • Enjoy childhood. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 4

On 5/22/2024 at 2:21 PM, Charlemagne Allen said:

You are forcibly physically entered into Second Life by magic. You are stuck in your avatar body. What do you do?

Make friends with scripters...fast ;)

Find abandoned land with rez permissions and build a skybox (Rat has fallen 3000m and landed perfectly, so I know I won't be killed if I fall from a height B|)

Start up a profitable taxi service for anyone else who has been isekaied and is worried about teleporting 🚖

Probably drive my taxi over a sim crossing and crash in the sea and die ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Wouldn't it depend on which of the 4 was the strongest?

What four? I just know that if I was all of a sudden somehow sent to SL.. I'm gonna be making my own stuff..

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

What four? I just know that if I was all of a sudden somehow sent to SL.. I'm gonna be making my own stuff..

Oh ok sorry, I thought your post was referring to the post from Eddy right above yours. Nvm

• Thanks 1

Isekaied into SL? Doesn't that imply getting a harem, a kingdom ("that time I was reincarnated as a slime" is the best anime, hands down) and levelling up?

I hope the harem isn't just my alts, that would be awkward! At least they could help me fight the monsters and bosses of SL, I guess?

What would the monsters be, anyway? lolcubes? Griefers?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.