So let's play fair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, brodiac90 said:

Stop, please just stop making things up. I have never said I want to be naked. 

The obsession some completely unaffected adult owners of adult avatars have with naked children is rather alarming.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Madi Melodious said:

Please don't slander my community, and just assume we are all complacent with the this issue. 

It's not slander, if there wasn't a problem in your community none of this would be happening. And you wouldn't have to AR anyone. Which I'm glad to hear is happening. But from my own experience in for the forums, it's been nothing but complaining about not being able to be a naked kid in sl. And the cherry on the cake is pointing fingers at everyone else as the OP has, and trying to deflect responsibility.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Stop, please just stop making things up. I have never said I want to be naked. 

I think it's fair to say the majority of us who have read these threads know you've never said such things. The entire opposite, in fact. You've been one of numerous people here who openly support the need for modesty layers (especially now that we've got full clarification on what they'll look like and assurances that they'll break the least amount of content possible).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The obsession some completely unaffected adult owners of adult avatars have with naked children is rather alarming.

Explain why you think anyone concerned about sexl ageply is "alarming"? What about it is so sacred to you that you feel you need to squash dissenting opinions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I don't understand the obsession with some of the members on this forum with child nudity.  On reading some of the posts here I get the impression that some of the adult av think we all, kid av's, want to strip naked and run through Zendra.  

When I saw the new requirements the first thing, I thought of was inventory loss, and how am I going to make outfits now.  I was often naked, if you can consider ken and barbie mode naked, on pose stands building outfits.   Truth is that last one was only a moments consideration when all i have to do is slap a layer on and move on as before. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Fixed that statement a tiny bit.

It's not just people playing child avatars that don't want to see all the adult stuff flaunted in their faces. Maybe if we generalize who uses G regions instead of just making it all about child avatars it might change how people see it.  So many are focusing only on those using child avatars when there are plenty of adult avatars who want areas to go that aren't sexualized.

As far as I am concerned, the TOS already prevents nudity, nipples, underwear sticking out, string bikinis, adult attachments, and emphasized bulges in G regions.  That is my reading of them.  All of the G regions should require clothing that does not emphasize the genitals of any age of avatars.  Adult avatars can untick the box allowing teleport to G regions just like kid avatars can untick the box allowing TP to adult regions.

The problem is LL thinks adults should be able to make adult and responsible decisions.  All these threads do is prove that many adults are just not responsible.

Great explanation!!

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I think it's fair to say the majority of us who have read these threads know you've never said such things

Actually no. He posted early on that he wasn't going to be able his family picnic in sl if he wasn't fully naked. 

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Actually no. He posted early on that he wasn't going to be able his family picnic in sl if he wasn't fully naked. 

You sure that was him? That sounds like something someone else was saying in the first thread that popped up about this. And that person was rightly criticized quite harshly for that.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

That wasn't me. Please get your facts right. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I don't understand the obsession with some of the members on this forum with child nudity.  On reading some of the posts here I get the impression that some of the adult av think we all, kid av's, want to strip naked and run through Zendra.  

When I saw the new requirements the first thing, I thought of was inventory loss, and how am I going to make outfits now.  I was often naked, if you can consider ken and barbie mode naked, on pose stands building outfits.   Truth is that last one was only a moments consideration when all i have to do is slap a layer on and move on as before. 

Inventory loss, loss of access to non adult places on adult land (stores) and risks of getting banned.

The concerns have all been about a reduction in service and loss of investment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

That wasn't me. Please get your facts right. 

You're right. And I apologize.  It was someone else from sl kid community complaining about not being able to be naked on a beach.  

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Inventory loss, loss of access to non adult places on adult land (stores) and risks of getting banned.

The concerns have all been about a reduction in service and loss of investment.

It sounds, on the surface, like child nudity in Second Life was a bad investment.

• Like 3

Just now, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

You're right. And I apologize.  It was someone else from sl kid community complaining about not being able to be naked on a beach.  

Yup, I remembered that. (I actually searched "picnic" just now and found nothing related to this topic.)

But, I only remember ONE user/avatar mentioning that.  I think some of us took that one user's statement and ran with it!  (They could be the same one who bemoaned the loss of "family friendly nude beaches".)

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

It sounds, on the surface, like child nudity in Second Life was a bad investment.

No one upset by the ToS changes was investing in that.

The actual scumbags are unaffected by the ToS changes and have no investment. None of them are coming here to complain.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

You're right. And I apologize.  It was sl kid community complaining about not being able to be naked on a beach.  

Thank you for your apology. 

And as others have said, we all rightly called that person out. In another thread, I posted a screenshot about a family nude beach that still persited at the time that was promoting adult and child vatars being nude together. It was called FSNB or Family Safe Nude Beach, we reported it and now it no longer appears in search (I'm not sure if it still exists under a different name) and as a child avatar I'm not exactly going to go and check. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yup, I remembered that. (I actually searched "picnic" just now and found nothing related to this topic.)

But, I only remember ONE user/avatar mentioning that.  I think some of us took that one user's statement and ran with it!  (They could be the same one who bemoaned the loss of "family friendly nude beaches".)

Seems like a lot of one user incidents that some run with to broadbrush a whole community with.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:
7 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

You're right. And I apologize.  It was sl kid community complaining about not being able to be naked on a beach.  

"Communities" don't speak with one voice.

You didn't quote Ingrid very well:

7 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

"Communities" don't speak with one voice.

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Seems like a lot of one user incidents that some run with to broadbrush a whole community with.

You guys act like that's new to... Well, anything.

The bad ones always get held up as examples of whatever community is in the crosshairs of anyone ever.

• Like 4

Just now, Paul Hexem said:

The bad ones always get held up as examples of whatever community is in the crosshairs of anyone ever.

This is why all furry cons open with a reminder that hotel rooms contain showers and all attendees should use them at least once a day.

Just now, Paul Hexem said:

You guys act like that's new to... Well, anything.

And I point it out to the one(s) doing the broadbrushing when I see it. This isn't the exception.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.