So let's play fair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ehhhhhh. I'd say no, but mostly because so many totally G/PG stores choose Moderate sims, seemingly by default. A kid avatar should, in theory, be totally fine shopping for some pets or some plants or a barbecue or PG furniture or something.

My guess is store owners just choose Moderate so they don't have to constantly police what customers get up to in their shop. Makes total sense looking at it that way, but we know how that goes sometimes. 👀

I was being generous. We should probably ban them entirely. That'd solve all this complaining!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Then I must be shopping when all the nakie avatars are sleeping because not ONE time have I seen a naked avatar while shopping in the six years I've been here.

I saw one a few weeks back in the Legacy story.  She was just going through demo skins with all her bits and bytes hanging out.   Truth is, I didn't give it a second through.  

3 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

I was being generous. We should probably ban them entirely. That'd solve all this complaining!

I think if you banned child avatars the people who hate them would just find something else to hate and in the meantime SL would lose a community that contributes to content and the economy. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Paul Hexem said:

You iz bold wif dat one.

I have unpopular opinions related to that (more to do with the mixing of G and A-rated content all within the same platform and trying to sell that to a new audience than any sort of dislike for the avatars themselves), but I can't see LL doing that at this stage. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Thank you! I had to go back and read the chat was going so fast.

Honestly, I do the same. I've seen some odd things in SL while out. Mind you not naked but a "what were you thinking" odd. 

There have been a few times where I've come up on something and said "that is weird even for SL."   After over 10 years I don't say that much any more but every now and then. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, miranda Sapphire said:

Tough! We have a LOT to say on the topic and we want to be heard. Get over it!

You've made a lot of good points some of which have been covered elsewhere without satisfaction. There is other ways the Lab could have handled this but they didn't and simply used the easiest and laziest way out of this. At this point with the new policy's they are stricter then some other platforms who have coded in technical solutions so one can't see Adult bits even if in a location where they are allowed.

One solution for residents affected is to comply as best as possible and hope that Governance is going to be fair and not as heavy handed as they are often made out to be and another potential solution is to make a new start in another platform like Opensim where the policies are not so dictatorial and there are growing communities of residents who are no longer welcome in SL. With the general exodus to Discord for group chat, it is more possible then ever to stay in touch with friends and acquaintances without even being on the same grid. And as long as the SL account remains in good standing, one can always log back in for a "trip to the big city" for a visit. 

To the OP, I'm sorry you had trauma to deal with. But your post struck me as nothing but a tantrum thrown by an ADULT who is only playing a kid in a virtual world. You're pointing fingers and lumping all people who use adult avatars on a regular basis as though we're all out to get the kid avies. Frankly, I don't pay much attention to what goes on around me. I like to stay in my own little world. However, you seem to ignore the FACT that sexual ***** was...is...might be...a problem for Linden Lab. Lots of reasons for that. And, for it to be sexual *****, one of the participants would then be in a child avatar. You should police your own "community" rather than dictating what other adults...because we're real life grown up people and not real life children...using adult avatars are wearing. As adults. Playing adults.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Shiloh Lyric said:

You should police your own "community" rather than dictating what other adults...because we're real life grown up people and not real life children...using adult avatars are wearing. As adults. Playing adults.

I have yet to see anyone from the sl kid community reach out to other members of that community here and say "hey guys we have a problem, real or perceived, that we need to address and tackle. Let's figure out how to do this".  Why not?

You could argue that there aren't many people visiting the forums but we have heard from multiple people who use sl as a kid in the forums expressing their displeasure with the changes TOS. 

Zero accountability. 

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I have yet to see anyone from the sl kid community reach out to other members of that community here and say "hey guys we have a problem, real or perceived, that we need to address and tackle. Let's figure out how to do this".  Why not?

You could argue that there aren't many people visiting the forums but we have heard from multiple people who use sl as a kid in the forums expressing their displeasure with the changes TOS. 

Zero accountability. 

Sure, why not. 

1) While the recent TOS changes will go a long way to making things harder for those who want to break the rules for their own sick and perverted reasons, what do you suggest should be done to help tackle the issue?

2) innappropriate content in general regions is a real issue, especially with LL's ambitions for Mobile and the issues surrounding the Apple Store. Adults have the entirety of adult regions and public nudity on Moderate sims, surely we can agree that general regions should be a safe environment for child avatars and those who aren't interested in the more adult side of SL. What suggestions do you have in regards to this problem? 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

I think if you banned child avatars the people who hate them would just find something else to hate and in the meantime SL would lose a community that contributes to content and the economy. 

I just learned that some of my child avatar friends have close to a thousand sims among them.  We are by no means a small part of the SL community.     So, the next time some of you think about just banning the adorable little community, just remember we are a large part of what holds SL together.  

I'm also of the option that we should start reminding LL that we a large economic part of the community.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brodiac90 said:

Again, you latched onto the word problem and assumed I had a problem with it, when really I was talking about the OP or anyone else who may have a problem. To reinterate, the onus is on the person who is offended. 

Yep! I completely and totally missed your point (except where in the second paragraph you mentioned YOUR biggest problem with some "G" etc..).  

I tried! I really tried!

Thanks!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:
39 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Some are looking ahead at the next 2, 3, or 4 things they hate.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Sure, why not. 

Start a thread directed at members of your own community was my point. There has to be some who don't want to be associated with sxal age%pl&y.

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Start a thread directed at members of your own community was my point. There has to some who don't want to be associate with sxal age%pl&y.

I'm sorry, I admit I've not read the whole thread but only scanned it.  I have yet to find one post or comment where brodiac has said anything in support of that issue you have brought up.  If at some point you are worried that the subject will be brought up, you are free not to read the thread. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Start a thread directed at members of your own community was my point. There has to be some who don't want to be associated with sxal age%pl&y.

There is, like all the child avatars who have been posting in the forums and people we've spoken to in world. Those sorts of people don't generally hang out with people who will AR them quicker than most adults would. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You've made a lot of good points some of which have been covered elsewhere without satisfaction. There is other ways the Lab could have handled this but they didn't and simply used the easiest and laziest way out of this. At this point with the new policy's they are stricter then some other platforms who have coded in technical solutions so one can't see Adult bits even if in a location where they are allowed.

One solution for residents affected is to comply as best as possible and hope that Governance is going to be fair and not as heavy handed as they are often made out to be and another potential solution is to make a new start in another platform like Opensim where the policies are not so dictatorial and there are growing communities of residents who are no longer welcome in SL. With the general exodus to Discord for group chat, it is more possible then ever to stay in touch with friends and acquaintances without even being on the same grid. And as long as the SL account remains in good standing, one can always log back in for a "trip to the big city" for a visit. 

Oh? Where are all these child avatars in Opensim. People over there hate them more than they hate them here.  Maybe there are a lot of teen looking avatars but I haven't seen any child ones.  Are they hiding on a grid I don't know about?

I don't know why you want to advocate for Opensim. There are very few people there and 3/4 are people that got banned from SL. They are bitter and mean.  Most things are copybotted and don't work. Sure the land is cheap but so is sitting in your living room watching paint dry which is basically what you'll be doing because there is no one there.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madi Melodious said:

I'm sorry, I admit I've not read the whole thread but only scanned it.  I have yet to find one post or comment where brodiac has said anything in support of that issue you have brought up.  If at some point you are worried that the subject will be brought up, you are free not to read the thread. 

You completely misunderstood my posts. I never claimed brodiac supported sxl agply. I said there's an absence of accountability from the sl kid community in regards to it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

You completely misunderstood my posts. I never claimed brodiac supported sxl agply. I said there's an absence of accountability from the sl kid community in regards to it. 

Is there though? I have stated on multiple occasions that I acknowledge there are bad actors in the kid community who have been involved in that sort of stuff. I've also stated that those who genuinly play child avatars hate those people more than most since it gives us all a bad name.  

Also, I noticed you didn't acknolwedge my attempt to have a genuine discussion about it. You know, reaching out to other communities. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Oh? Where are all these child avatars in Opensim. People over there hate them more than they hate them here.  Maybe there are a lot of teen looking avatars but I haven't seen any child ones.  Are they hiding on a grid I don't know about?

I don't know why you want to advocate for Opensim. There are very few people there and 3/4 are people that got banned from SL. They are bitter and mean.  Most things are copybotted and don't work. Sure the land is cheap but so is sitting in your living room watching paint dry which is basically what you'll be doing because there is no one there.  

I know where to find them + original content. It's not that hard. There is always the option of asking and if one seems trustworthy, that will be answered.

• Haha 1

Just now, brodiac90 said:

Is there though? I have stated on multiple occasions that I acknowledge there are bad actors in the kid community who have been involved in that sort of stuff. I've also stated that those who genuinly play child avatars hate those people more than most since it gives us all a bad name.  

You have. But only in defense of staying naked as a child avi. Why hasn't this been a rallying moment for people like you to come together with other members of your kid community to discourage sexl ageply? You could easily do it here. Or discord, or wherever other people like yourself hang out. 

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

And you would be completely wrong on that topic too.   Probably more AP related AR are filed by the child av community.  There is a inworld group, amber alerts, where we used to track and report the movements of the worst AP.   That group is still there, I'm still a member but now most of that has moved off site to our discord server.   We coordinate when one of us is approached in a tos violation, or even creepy manner; we post that person's username and uuid.   That person is usually then banned from most of the child friendly sims on the grid. 

Please don't slander my community just because you assume we are all complacent with this issue. 

Edited by Madi Melodious
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

general regions should be a safe environment for child avatars and those who aren't interested in the more adult side of SL.

Fixed that statement a tiny bit.

It's not just people playing child avatars that don't want to see all the adult stuff flaunted in their faces. Maybe if we generalize who uses G regions instead of just making it all about child avatars it might change how people see it.  So many are focusing only on those using child avatars when there are plenty of adult avatars who want areas to go that aren't sexualized.

As far as I am concerned, the TOS already prevents nudity, nipples, underwear sticking out, string bikinis, adult attachments, and emphasized bulges in G regions.  That is my reading of them.  All of the G regions should require clothing that does not emphasize the genitals of any age of avatars.  Adult avatars can untick the box allowing teleport to G regions just like kid avatars can untick the box allowing TP to adult regions.

The problem is LL thinks adults should be able to make adult and responsible decisions.  All these threads do is prove that many adults are just not responsible.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

You have. But only in defense of staying naked as a child avi. 

Stop, please just stop making things up. I have never said I want to be naked. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Maybe LL should launch regions with K(indergarden) level.
Foot stamping and shouting "I want it, I want it, I want it" mandatory there.

It's not unreasonable for customers of a service to place demands on that service, or express themselves when that service changes in ways that affects the customers needs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.