What's the creepiest experience you've ever had in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Bazzilla said:

Evening all,

Random question - what has been the creepiest or most unnerving experience you've ever had on Second Life?

The first time I saw one of those LL Official Noob Island Issue Sux-Ra Suburban Jogger Milf avatars in world, that was traumatic, but after I TP'd away, and wore a freshly unboxed pair of mesh eyes, and drank some vodka, the pain went away.

• Haha 6

One time when I logged in all I could see was a black screen. I saw the UI, IMs and HUDs but the rest of the world was pitch black. I TP’d to a few other regions, but still saw nothing. I panicked. It was unnerving. I logged off and on a couple of times..but nothing helped.

It took me over half an hour to realise I was wearing a mansion. And then I felt embarrassed I had TP’d into some shopping event and walked around like that.  
(Oh btw, nobody told me I was wearing a mansion.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

8 minutes ago, Caitlin Tobias said:

One time when I logged in all I could see was a black screen. I saw the UI, IMs and HUDs but the rest of the world was pitch black. I TP’d to a few other regions, but still saw nothing. I panicked. It was unnerving. I logged off and on a couple of times..but nothing helped.

It took me over half an hour to realise I was wearing a mansion. And then I felt embarrassed I had TP’d into some shopping event and walked around like that.  

That is absolutely hilarious!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Caitlin Tobias said:

Actual picture of architects wearing famous NYC buildings they designed:

Famous Architects Dress as Their Famous New York City Buildings (1931) |  Open Culture

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The Senra AO:

senra AO.png

OMG! If I ran into her jogging, I would be terrified. 

Even if I had 2 giant huskies with me.

"Why aren't you in your own neighborhood? You aren't allowed to walk dogs if you don't live here. Got a cigarette? You're ugly and your dogs are stupid." <= REAL LIFE things that neighborhood Karens have said.

• Haha 1

My first home in SL was on the LDS sim because I felt it was the safest place for a child avatar (it probably still is tbh). I was outside playing with my dogs when suddenly The Flying Spaghetti Monster appeared. I had never heard of FSM before, so was completely freaked out and perplexed, and could not understand why this strange entity was stalking me lol. Looking at this snapshot now, I think it's hilarious that I found it so creepy at the time 🤣 

FSM.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I bought a 3m spider avatar.  

Seriously, my creepiest was a few years ago when I was trying to figure out how to rig cloths in SL.   I had blender and SL open.   I was standing in my own home, halfway dressed.    When I switched back to SL viewer an adult avatar had entered my house, stripped naked, and was playing a obscene animation while standing behind my AV.     I moved and he TP away before I could get a name.  I was so unnerved that I just logged off and didn't come back for several days.     

It actually still affects me today because now my home is locked down completely.   Which I hate because I want people to visit my house.   

Edited by Madi Melodious
  • Sad 4

I saw a comment last night on a video of a guy trying SL for the first time - "The game gave you a James Charles avatar to start off with" 

And now I can't unsee it.

Funny, but still nowhere near the creepiest thing for me.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Caitlin Tobias said:

At least you didn't wear your entire inventory. *raises my hand* yep I really did do that 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

A "friend" told me that some guy had hacked my account and had told her about it, she said he had told her not to tell me but she did anyway since she wanted me to know. She said he had sent her a screenshot of my SL dashboard as proof, and she forwarded the picture to me. At first that was quite disturbing, but then I figured out it was photoshopped. She had taken a screenshot of her dashboard and changed the name to mine. I then unfriended her and blocked her.

Edited by BillFletcher
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

At least you didn't wear your entire inventory. *raises my hand* yep I really did do that 

Raises her alts  hand. 

Edited by Madi Melodious
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

I feel like if I did it would go against the spirit of the thread which seems to be 'unusual and weird but not outright disturbing.' 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

I feel like if I did it would go against the spirit of the thread which seems to be 'unusual and weird but not outright disturbing.' 

You know things are about to get real when a child avi shares creepy stories. Go on, tell us. No don't. Go on anyway! 🫣

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The first time I saw one of those LL Official Noob Island Issue Sux-Ra Suburban Jogger Milf avatars in world, that was traumatic, but after I TP'd away, and wore a freshly unboxed pair of mesh eyes, and drank some vodka, the pain went away.

6 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

senra AO.png

Argh!

My eyes!

My eyes are burning!

Make it go away!

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.