CAN'T DOWNLOAD TRANSACTIONS

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Try doing them in 2-week chunks Pamela. With the date selectors borked, chances are good it's misinterpreting the starting or ending date, causing it to fall outside the "allowed range".

Set the initial end date halfway through the month and the initial start date at the first of the month. If it complains, move the start date ahead one, but if it doesn't complain then try moving it back a day.

I've just downloaded all mine just fine on both SL and SLM - I did SLM for the past month and since start (August) - the August one did take about 5 min though. Maybe the number of transactions matters, as Darrius sort of suggested.

(and cute to see who else is doing their end-of-year accounting already  : )

oh and how is the date borked?

Yes I can download it in bits, but I like to be able to download the whole month at once, too.  I mean, we have no reporting tools to speak of, can we at least still be able to down load ONE WHOLE month???

Does anyone realize that we are trying to run businesses here?  Is anyone aware of how crippled the data reporting is?  I mean, my top customer every month is Marketplace Linden. And Marketplace is buying stuff like: Order #15836673, Item #28909989 .  Very helpful.  To get any useful data I have to go in and strip all that out, and then add it back in from the marketplace data.

Catwise Yoshikawa wrote:

When I select the date range for the whole month, sl page don't display the whole month, but it is ok on the xls downloaded file.

The page is always limited to displaying 500 transactions.

I got mine just fine  - what's yours actually doing when you try Pam?

Oh and I'd noticed that time thing - i just thought it was reading my local PC time or something somehow lol.

I just get an error message saying it can't find that page.  It might be my computer.

I just think it has been too long since we were promised more and better reporting tools and have had to make do with fewer and worse.

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

lol you need to play Eve Online for some light relief - at least here you don't risk being ganked and losing a month's profits every time you teleport
;)

There's the distinction Zanara. Eve Online is a "game" with no mechanism to create and operate a business capable of providing real-world income.

Second Life is a business-capable platform rendered as a 3-Dimensional virtual world.

Second Life is much closer to eBay than to Eve Online or WoW in financial infrastructure, but much closer to WoW and Eve Online in visual presentation and operation.

This is what I would love to see - A filter in Transaction History where you can filter out, not only L$0 sales, but also all the Marketplace Linden sales, upload fees and debits etc. leaving behind only the inworld sales and other credits to download. This would save me a lot of time going through the spreadsheet manually and deleting these to make it useful. It takes a good part of the day now to do end of month sales and it's an exhausting task.

For me the SLM reporting problem is nothing compared to this, although it can be improved. Maybe others have an easier method of filtering or maybe I'm just not utilizing some Excel tool. Any advice?

Pamela Galli wrote:

If we were not basically silly ppl I guess we would not even be trying to run a business here, hmmm? 

Ok, I'm scrapbooking your comment. :smileyvery-happy:

I download my transactons every week. This is mostly becasue I dread doing it, but If I do it everyweek, then if I forget for a couples days, I'm not screwed.

Plus, When I'm looking at things from a week to week basis, I think it is easier to see and find trends happening.

(Floating a Trial Balloon here folks...)

Would anyone be interested in a web service that lets you upload the XLS file you download from Transaction History, then selectively sort, filter and download a "digested" XLS file from it?

If so, what would you want it to do?

If I had some service like that I would like it to show things ranked:  top/bottom sellers, locations, sales per day of week, top customers.  It is important to have data on what is not selling well so I can delete and get something that is earning its prim cost.

Some ideas that have come to me:

• Filter by date ranges that go beyond 30 days
  • Filter by Product Names
  • Filter by Region
  • Generate separate "Stuff I bought" and "Stuff I sold" spreadsheets
  • Set filters for routine payments (such as payments to rental boxes, malls, landlords, etc.)
  • Send out reminders when routine payments are due
  • Allow recording of Markers - Events, promotions, product releases, etc. that have a specific date/time
  • Compare transactions that occur before and after "Markers"
  • Tag transactions belonging to "Cost Centers" (advertising, production, customer service, etc.)

These are just off the top of my head really. What really is at the core of this idea (and I think maybe why so few folks have replied) is the fact that doing anything worthwhile like the above would require storing your Transaction Records on a database kept on a 3rd Party site. With the rampant mistrust of LL, and the recent BS around such delightful fiascos as RedZone .. would people really TRUST a new site like that .. even one run by someone that's been around a while?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.