EDIT: I keep getting instantly logged out after logging in.

iNiGHTS Dragovar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've already tried lowering my bandwidth. I've also tried going to public rez areas, but I still get logged out. Help! I want to play Second Life so bad! :(

EDIT:

The error message I get is,

'Darn. You have been logged out of Second Life.

This region may be experiencing trouble. Please check your connection to the internet'

This has happened with each region that I go to so I can rez my avatar :/

8 answers to this question

Uninstall the viewer completely including manually deleting the Second Life folders in AppData > Roaming and AppData > Local.

If AppData is hidden, you need to enable viewing. Follow the instructions for your OS here: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7422​0 or here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html

If you wish to save existing chat files you've had with other avatars, move the Roaming > [avatar name] folder elsewhere on your computer and drag any chat text files you wish to retain into the new Roaming > [avatar name] folder once Second Life is reinstalled and you've logged in at least once. Ignore if you don't want to save any.

Now download Second Life from the main download page and install it.

Log into the region Smith. If you can't change Login Location, tick the box 'Show on login' under Preferences > General > Login Location. Make sure you are in Advanced mode and not Basic prior to logging in. Allow your Inventory to load. Click the Recent tab to get this going. Once loaded, use SL as normal. Let us know if this works as it seems to have for some others. 

I also get this and have done for a long time too. I put in so many support tickets and the last I was told my graphics card is incompatible which I used for a long time but hey things move on I guess. I use a NVIDIA GeForce GT220 1 GIG. I tried all the usual stuff uninstalling and deleting all references to SL but to no avail.  I even wiped my hard drive to see if that would fix it but it didnt.  So I can go on but for only a minute or so before Im logged out if Im lucky, I even bought premium membership thinking that would help but it didnt so until I buy my next desktop... who knows not me

I am also getting this problem....it was fine until the beginning of January 2013 but now I am logged out almost as soon as i log in...I have tried different viewers with the same result...what could have happened???  I have looked at all possible configurations and settings in my computer but nothing works....please help

Would help us help you if you could quote the exact error message you get when logged off. Is it the message mentioned above? Did you try the solution I gave about deleting the Second LIfe folders in AppData? This fixes the problem for many and also corrects another issue relating to too many unopened notifications waiting for you, which apparently can cause crashes too. the Notifications xml is stored in the Roaming folder. If you did and you are still experiencing problems being logged out, there are a couple of other things you can try. Reset your router. Unplug for a few minutes then reconnect it. Another possibility is you're having difficulty with HTTP textures so disable that in the Develop menu (CTRL+ALT+Q) by unticking it and see if that stops the crashes. If not, tick it again. Lastly, if you can log in normally with an alt account and it's just this one that is affected, it's possible your group tag is corrupted. This can cause instant crashes on logging in. If you have time before being logged out, set Groups to None. If not and you have Premium membership, contact Live Chat Support. If Basic, you will need to contact the group owner of the tag you're wearing and have you removed from the group. Your alt account can contact the group owner if you have no other way of doing this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.