need help with LeLutka EvoX eyes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Roxy Couturier said:

applier eyes change just as quickly. Plus you have the option to have different eyes/colors for each eye with the appliers.

Well, you're judging how the boilerplate eyes look that come with lelutka in the box, as it were. Other makers have way more detail and better looking appliers imo. YMMV.

As I said, I use applier eyes. Wearing the system/bom eyes 'marks' which eyes I'm using. I have a few hundred appliers for eyes. If, say, I apply my 'Demon' eyes, I'll wear the corresponding system/bom eyes as well. So if I save that outfit I'll know which eyes to apply.

But for the applier eyes, I have to Add the HUD, then apply the eyes. With the System eyes, I just click the one I want and am done. Small difference, and not worth it if the applier eyes look better (comparing between the system eye and the same applier eye in the same package ofc).

Wrt the second point, I'm sorry, I may have misunderstood what you meant; I was responding to "The lel eyes with an applier look more realistic imo" thinking you meant the ones that come with the head. And yes, the eyes I have looked at from vendors are way better, but I am assuming the same textures are used with the appliers as are used for the system eyes that come in the package.

OK, now I think I understand your last point: you wear the same system eye as the eye you apply, so you can see it in the Current Outfit and know which eye you applied. Makes sense! Me being lazy though, I am sort of like, if I have to Wear the system eye, I may as well use it as the applier HUD lol. But, not if the applied texture looks better than the corresponding system eye from the package.

Thx!

10 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

The lel eyes with an applier look more realistic imo. (You can also get the old lelutka omega kit and be able to use omega applier eyes as well.) When I've tried using system/bom eyes they appear flat and don't reflect lights. When you see it, you can't unsee it..

I have to agree with this. I don't use BOM eyes for that same reason. It's just my personal preference, but I take a lot of photos, and really think appliers (especially from one of the eyemakers who know how to make a realistic eye-white which isn't super-bright white and contains some small veins) look more realistic and just seem to be 'brighter'. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

But for the applier eyes, I have to Add the HUD, then apply the eyes. With the System eyes, I just click the one I want and am done. Small difference, and not worth it if the applier eyes look better (comparing between the system eye and the same applier eye in the same package ofc).

Wrt the second point, I'm sorry, I may have misunderstood what you meant; I was responding to "The lel eyes with an applier look more realistic imo" thinking you meant the ones that come with the head. And yes, the eyes I have looked at from vendors are way better, but I am assuming the same textures are used with the appliers as are used for the system eyes that come in the package.

OK, now I think I understand your last point: you wear the same system eye as the eye you apply, so you can see it in the Current Outfit and know which eye you applied. Makes sense! Me being lazy though, I am sort of like, if I have to Wear the system eye, I may as well use it as the applier HUD lol. But, not if the applied texture looks better than the corresponding system eye from the package.

Thx!

There is one thing that is nice about Bom/system eyes..

When it comes to outfit folders, you can save the bom/system eyes with an outfit folder and they will change to the color  or eye texture that you wanted with that folder..

The thing that turned me to Bom/system eyes over applier is, if for some reason I change my  head, like get a redeliver or it crashes for good or for some reason hit the bom buttom, thinking it was like  makeup or something.. hehehe.. I'm not hunting through all my huds to try and remember what eyes I had on.. I just  pop to my outfit folder and there they are. plus my screen isn't loaded full of huds trying to test  a bunch of applier eyes at one time..

With Bom/ system eyes, I can do pretty much anything that applier eyes can do, plus have a little more perks andnot have to wear an alpha..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

When it comes to outfit folders, you can save the bom/system eyes with an outfit folder and they will change to the color  or eye texture that you wanted with that folder..

The thing that turned me to Bom/system eyes over applier is, if for some reason I change my  head, like get a redeliver or it crashes for good.. I'm not hunting through all my huds to try and remember what eyes I had on.. I just  pop to my outfit folder and there they are. plus my screen isn't loaded full of huds trying to test  a bunch of applier eyes at one time..

With Bom/ system eyes, I can do pretty much anything that applier eyes can do, plus have a little more perks.

I don't know if you read her post above, but @Roxy Couturier addresses the 'what eyes did I apply?' issue by Wearing the system eye that corresponds to the texture that was applied. I am finding that not all eye packages come with system eyes (which the vendors tend to call 'BOM eyes' or something, I wonder how many people even realize these are system eyes or what system eyes are lol). If I understand her correctly, she feels that often the applied textures look better than the system/BOM eyes.

Me, I'm lazy and hate dealing with HUDs for several reasons. I like just setting my head to BOM and then double-clicking on an eye and being done. For me the biggest advantage of using a HUD and applier textures is getting to actually see the eye color choices, while with the system eyes I have to consult the color chart to at least know what general color the numbers correspond with.

I do to compare how the system/BOM eyes look compared with the same applier texture. If I cannot tell the difference based on the settings I have on my Firestorm instance, I will just stick with the system/BOM eyes.

8 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

I don't know if you read her post above, but @Roxy Couturier addresses the 'what eyes did I apply?' issue by Wearing the system eye that corresponds to the texture that was applied. I am finding that not all eye packages come with system eyes (which the vendors tend to call 'BOM eyes' or something, I wonder how many people even realize these are system eyes or what system eyes are lol). If I understand her correctly, she feels that often the applied textures look better than the system/BOM eyes.

Me, I'm lazy and hate dealing with HUDs for several reasons. I like just setting my head to BOM and then double-clicking on an eye and being done. For me the biggest advantage of using a HUD and applier textures is getting to actually see the eye color choices, while with the system eyes I have to consult the color chart to at least know what general color the numbers correspond with.

I do to compare how the system/BOM eyes look compared with the same applier texture. If I cannot tell the difference based on the settings I have on my Firestorm instance, I will just stick with the system/BOM eyes.

A lot depends on who is doing the texturing really and the quality of the mesh..

Mesh eyes with bom capability are pretty much the same thing as like a mesh body with bom capability.  They can both use applier layers or system layers.

If you have the same skin texture put into an appiler as you do system layers.. It's more than likely going to come down to the mesh layer used and if there is a difference with how the texture sits with each one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

The eyes look good/bad because texture on a surface. If the texture doesn't look right, how it gets to the surface makes no difference.

Except that the Lelutka mesh eyes have materials which adds a slew of effects. They respond to/reflect changing lights. BoM eyes on the standard AV eyes do not.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The thing that turned me to Bom/system eyes over applier is, if for some reason I change my  head, like get a redeliver or it crashes for good or for some reason hit the bom buttom, thinking it was like  makeup or something.. hehehe.. I'm not hunting through all my huds to try and remember what eyes I had on.. I just  pop to my outfit folder and there they are. plus my screen isn't loaded full of huds trying to test  a bunch of applier eyes at one time..

With Bom/ system eyes, I can do pretty much anything that applier eyes can do, plus have a little more perks andnot have to wear an alpha..

For appliers that specifically do not have a BoM analog, I add the eye Hud to the outfit that it goes with. So when I switch, the applier is there, ready to go.

My everyday eyes, which is in the majority of most of my outfits, are in my 'basics' body folder. A folder with basic blushes, tattoos and other addons for the face and body. Stuff that I don't want to look up everytime I change to some non-standard look. That folder can change and adding to every outfit would be a major PITA for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

For appliers that specifically do not have a BoM analog, I add the eye Hud to the outfit that it goes with. So when I switch, the applier is there, ready to go.

My everyday eyes, which is in the majority of most of my outfits, are in my 'basics' body folder. A folder with basic blushes, tattoos and other addons for the face and body. Stuff that I don't want to look up everytime I change to some non-standard look. That folder can change and adding to every outfit would be a major PITA for me.

I'd be doing that for eyes and lipstick and anything else that I would need.. hehehe

I have way too many outfit folders for  different heads and bodies and skin tones.. just way too many outfit folders in general.. lol

I really need to clean house some with those.. They are starting to clutter  like my different shapes and  little tweaks in those that I save.. it's just so hard to do away with some things without having a good week or two off of work.. hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'd be doing that for eyes and lipstick and anything else that I would need.. hehehe

I have way too many outfit folders for  different heads and bodies and skin tones.. just way too many outfit folders in general.. lol

I really need to clean house some with those.. They are starting to clutter  like my different shapes and  little tweaks in those that I save.. it's just so hard to do away with some things without having a good week or two off of work.. hehehe

hahaha! Well there's that too. But we were specifically talking about eyes.

With makeup like lippys and shadows, bom or applier are the same thing when you can add materials effects from the hud. Most people don't realize they can do that with eyes too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

hahaha! Well there's that too. But we were specifically talking about eyes.

With makeup like lippys and shadows, bom or applier are the same thing when you can add materials effects from the hud. Most people don't realize they can do that with eyes too.

Ya, I kinda got caught adrift, just thinking about my inventory for a second.. hehehe

Ya that's true as well about the material layers.. You can do that with Lelutka mesh eyes as well from the lelutka hud, because the material layer is it's own layer as well.

I've seen some people get stuck with the material layer being used for demos.. When they go to remove or replace a demo, the material layer part won't remove and they will still have the words demo, until they clear or change the material layer.. hehehe

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Except that the Lelutka mesh eyes have materials which adds a slew of effects. They respond to/reflect changing lights. BoM eyes on the standard AV eyes do not.

You can use those material options on the Lelutka HUD when the eyes are in BOM or applier mode.   Both Appliers and BOM use the same texture, they are just two different deliveries, the quality is entirely dependent on how well the original texture was made.  For example, Avi Glam eyes come with both options, your eyes will look exactly the same either one you choose.

14 minutes ago, Tarani Tempest said:

You can use those material options on the Lelutka HUD when the eyes are in BOM or applier mode.   Both Appliers and BOM use the same texture, they are just two different deliveries, the quality is entirely dependent on how well the original texture was made.  For example, Avi Glam eyes come with both options, your eyes will look exactly the same either one you choose.

It's also dependent on the mesh layer the texture is on.. Which both the applier layer and  bom layer being lelutka, it's pretty sure to be good quality mesh for both of those layers.. :)

12 hours ago, Tarani Tempest said:

I probably just had not-so-great textured eyes before, and don't even bother checking anymore. I just automatically use the appliers and always keep my eye alpha on. I'm sure BOM would be just as good, but it's just such a habit for me to use appliers.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.