I read about being careful or you may be wearing a box on your head

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, LL ruined all the fun and changed the default attach point to the right hand! A few creators try to keep the tradition alive with prim settings, but we do not get to see this much any more :(

You can read about the box opening ritual here on the knowledge base. You will probably wear a few boxes even after you know how it is supposed to work. It is all OK because we all make our avatars do strange things when we push the wrong button or click the wrong thing. We all do it sooner or later!

If you buy something and all you get is a little orange box in your inventory under objects, chances are very good it will have to be unpacked. You need to find somewhere you can unpack the box in that case. Some vendors are nice and auto-unpack your stuff for you and put it all in a folder.

So, yes, you'll sometimes have to rez your purchase and unpack it. If you try to put on an object that needs to be unpacked, you'll end up wearing a box on your head. ;)

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to check if an object needs to be unpacked?

@Cerise. Oh, i didn't know that about the default attach point. : )

PatriciaCordone wrote:

So does that mean and others will see the box but I won't?

Oh no, if you accidentally wear a box on your hand, you will know it too! Try to wear a house or car somewhere that doesn't have too many people around, you will be amazed at your strength. =D

If a hair has a box on top of it, it's a hair demo. It wasn't free, it was just to try on. You'd need to go back and purchase the real one.

You can find free or cheap hairs in Second Life, though. Look for the group join panels in your favorite hair shop or ask around for the freebie blogs and groups.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.