Will The New TOS on Child Avatars Ensnare Short Adults?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

This does not look like a child, whatever her height.

You called me a lie a few pages back that this isn't happening but they're clearly feeling like people will be against her, even though several say she is fine. This is happening more and more for no reason.

• Confused 3

33 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What?????

Where?

LL can't get group chat to work properly, but you think they are masterminding a social media disinformation campaign?

Receipts please.

Oh you're awake, Good morning/afternoon!

LL uses the blog thing and has the forum where they have better control of the conversation, even if they don't use it themselves these days. When is the last time a Linden came on the General Discussion forum to quell a heated debate among residents regarding whatever the latest drama they instigated was? Been a while hasn't it? A year, maybe longer? Remember how they used to come on in a thread and quieten debates by simply explaining what they meant in the first place? Yeah I remember that too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

This does not look like a child, whatever her height.

What about the previous picture? I thought I saw a post by you saying that one looked underage though quite a few said it didn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

It’s unfortuate that one isn’t allowed to discuss actions taken by LL against accounts, because anyone that falls victim to an AR for being too young looking for an adult sim will be left wondering if they were the only one this happened to. If it was allowed, I’m pretty sure the forum would soon fill up with stories about being unfairly treated by LL for their appearance.

But LL won’t let us hang together, there is strength in numbers, LL would much prefer we each hang alone.

People are free to post all those details on other sites (not owned by LL).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

People are free to post all those details on other sites (not owned by LL).

No, the Mods there have forum etiquette rules like here so naming or identifying residents here is not allowed. They close or hide threads that break their rules like they do here but do see more and more. No virtual secrets :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Oh you're awake, Good morning/afternoon!

LL uses the blog thing and has the forum where they have better control of the conversation, even if they don't use it themselves these days. When is the last time a Linden came on the General Discussion forum to quell a heated debate among residents regarding whatever the latest drama they instigated was? Been a while hasn't it? A year, maybe longer? Remember how they used to come on in a thread and quieten debates by simply explaining what they meant in the first place? Yeah I remember that too.

So, your "evidence" that LL is controlling the master narrative here is that . . . they aren't here.

Gotcha.

The proof that LL is run by Lizard People is the absence of evidence of Lizard People. Because only Lizard People are clever enough to hide so well!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Garbled prose
  • Haha 4

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, your "evidence" that LL is controlling the master narrative here is that . . . they aren't here.

Gotcha.

We can prove that LL is run by Lizard People is the absence of evidence of Lizard People. Because only Lizard People are clever enough to hide so well!

Right! It's suspicious isn't that there are no lizzard people avatars in the Library? Almost as if they didn't want us to even think about lizard people. 🦎 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

No virtual secrets

Yeah, I'm not sure how a democracy of discourse survives without that fierce and fearless voice for freedom and truth. 

Who now will speak out for doeEyes482.resident when her man does her wrong??????

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Right! It's suspicious isn't that there are no lizzard people avatars in the Library? Almost as if they didn't want us to even think about lizard people. 🦎 

OMG. So true!!

Wait. You're one of Them, aren't you!!!!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

No, the Mods there have forum etiquette rules like here so naming or identifying residents here is not allowed. They close or hide threads that break their rules like they do here but do see more and more. No virtual secrets :)

Discord, social media, and blogs are all open for discussion.

Still, I still don't think word is really out there among the general population yet as I've not seen much conversation on the topic outside of here. No changes being made to the types of avatars showing up in Flickr fashion groups. Ads look the same as ever. There are a few tweets and posts floating around. I assume most discussion (not counting the forum) is internal and happening in community-based groups inside and outside of SL. Everyone else is still doing what they've been doing by the look of it.

• Like 2

so now, every time you get dressed you will have to ask yourself… will this outfit make me look too young, will this hairstyle make me look too young, will this makeup make me look too young, say goodbye to the joy of creative self expression, and hello to the overarching gaze of LL watching your every choice and every move (including by way of those ever thoughtful ARs your fellow citizens will provide)

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I havent changed anything and i wont change anything, im an adult, ive always been adult, the threat of an AR, successful or not wont change how i live my second life. 

ARs for being underage in an A sim are a new nuissance AR against people that have done nothing wrong. Getting banned for a first offence for being underage on an A sim…. doubtful but you will be on notice.

Change your ways… or else.

At the end of the day, ive got alts that are older than many of the people posting in here

Gosh, then why exactly did you start this thread?  

R(31).gif.caab1a665630fbf8dc014b7c495a6871.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'm not asking myself any of that, especially not after my romp through Flickr and Seraphim.

Got dressed today and none of that crossed my mind either.  Go figure.

Saw the same short petite women I always see in the same places I always go, too.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I've said many times to look on flickr. You will see the most popular styles. these styles that some people on the forum, which doesn't count for everyone on the grid, is the style that these minority of people dislike. lol

This is why I said. "Continue to look the way you want, and represent adulthood how you want it. Don't allow a small group of people to influence your avatar and your looks."

Just look on flickr alone, you will see how most people look and how a lot of those avatars are seen as adult.

It's ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

what happened on Flickr?

Nothing at all. No changes. Same avatar styles we've been seeing forever (short, young-looking, cute faces, revealing clothes, anime, cute furry) are still being uploaded to Flickr fashion groups and appearing in ads.

I haven't gone shopping yet, so I haven't seen who is running around in stores on adult land this weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised to see similar avies there either.

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Saw the same short petite women I always see in the same places I always go, too.

Yep. Either people haven't heard yet or they aren't overly concerned.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I believe its called the calm before the storm 😂

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Gotcha.

The proof that LL is run by Lizard People is the absence of evidence of Lizard People. Because only Lizard People are clever enough to hide so well!

You posited the idea that this change of policy was all due to community opinion of child avatars pushing the Lab to change its policy and give the community even more power to rid the grid of child griefers? That's what your whole blurb came down to. I'm suggesting it was the Lab's idea in the first place which they instigated people to complain about and AR in even greater numbers which is having a spillover effect on teens as well as young adults.

Not much different from your idea except as to who initiated it. My proof is the residents in this thread complaining about 0-18 year olds not just submitting to the new rules and virtually grow up. What's yours?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Nothing at all. No changes. Same avatar styles we've been seeing forever (short, young-looking, cute faces, revealing clothes, anime, cute furry) are still being uploaded to Flickr fashion groups and appearing in ads.

I haven't gone shopping yet, so I haven't seen who is running around in stores on adult land this weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised to see similar avies there either.

Yeah, it's what I've been saying. Those avatar look and feel adult to a lot of people though, that's what I mean. So many see them as of age and only a few people on forum see them as "edge case" or "child avatar" Like you are going to let like 4 - 5 people scare you when it's like 20 - 80k second lifers enjoying second life? lol

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.