Will The New TOS on Child Avatars Ensnare Short Adults?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You mean like underground operators or Linden ninja's even?  O.O

Sure, seems reasonable to me that a company like LL whose employees used to post answers to Forum opinions, are now using different tactics to get Residents to accept new policies. Not so up front as it used to be unfortunately, or maybe they realize some policies are so unpopular that there will be too much pushback using their older method for interacting with the community.

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Bots and AFK's tend to not chatter a lot and then there are those that do chatter but doing it on Discord, Facebook, Reddit, MeWe and any other SL related site that is not here or inworld.

I doubt the grid groups would be the only ones out of all of those that are isolated from it.. It's not happened in the past that I can recall.

Just about any changes in policy like these,  come up in the in world groups. Many times you can't escape  it. hehehe

instead,

3c955bf4997c54be1f6b68312086d869.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Sure, seems reasonable to me that a company like LL whose employees used to post answers to Forum opinions, are now using different tactics to get Residents to accept new policies. Not so up front as it used to be unfortunately, or maybe they realize some policies are so unpopular that there will be too much pushback using their older method for interacting with the community.

We should become like, underground rebels  and gain their trust and infiltrate their operation..

There is a big risk in doing that though.. Actually becoming a Linden and enjoying the job!! \o/

hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

We should become like, underground rebels  and gain their trust and infiltrate their operation..

There is a big risk in doing that though.. Actually becoming a Linden and enjoying the job!! \o/

hehehe

Might risk becoming this guy!

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I doubt the grid groups would be the only ones out of all of those that are isolated from it.. It's not happened in the past that I can recall.

Just about any changes in policy like these,  come up in the in world groups. Many times you can't escape  it. hehehe

instead,

I seriously doubt many in-world have read it yet - especially if they aren't affected by the changes.

I'm always the one who brings news to friends in-world. They never touch the forums, official site and blog, aren't in store Discords, never look at Reddit, etc. 

If it isn't being talked about in in-world store groups or plastered on the front page of Seraphim, some just have no idea.

That Lara X news was everywhere. I haven't seen a peep yet about this (not even on Discord, though I'm in body and head groups there - not skins or fashion).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

We're  about 20 miles from the nearest town.. We can't let the grass get up like that around the house. Just the chiggers,ticks, skeeters & snakes alone would be so bad then.. We keep ours cut low because it's constantly growing so fast.. I mean really fast..  hehehe

if i ever find a copperhead in my front yard, i might have to reconsider my lsndscaping choices. Their bite is deadly to dogs. On the other hand blacksnakes are fine. my dog had an hourlong stand off with once once 😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I seriously doubt many in-world have read it yet - especially if they aren't affected by the changes.

Or understood the implications other then the effect of child avatars and not seeing how that extends to any appearing up to 18.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'm always the one who brings news to friends in-world. They never touch the forums, official site and blog, aren't in store Discords, never look at Reddit, etc. 

If it isn't being talked about in in-world store groups or plastered on the front page of Seraphim, some just have no idea.

That Lara X news was everywhere. I haven't seen a peep yet about this (not even on Discord, though I'm in body and head groups there - not skins or fashion).

Ya, if there was the panic that some are thinking is going to happen. It would have spread like a wild fire already..

What are we in now, like week three since the 6k+ thread and changes?

I would have figured something would have shown up by now.. hehehe

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

if i ever find a copperhead in my front yard, i might have to reconsider my lsndscaping choices. Their bite is deadly to dogs. On the other hand blacksnakes are fine. my dog had an hourlong stand off with once once 😁

We have a lot of  bad snakes here, to the point that you just treat  them all as  the bad ones until you know different..

We get a lot of black racers.. They get pretty big and love the tall grass and are good to have around.. It's them others.. hehehe

• Like 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Or understood the implications other then the effect of child avatars and not seeing how that extends to any appearing up to 18.

This is very true. Wasn't that part added in later at the meeting and added to a post on the forum? Wait, was it added in to the TOS/FAQ at all? Now I have to go check.

No, I don't think it's in there. I'm still working through my coffee, though, so don't trust me yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, if there was the panic that some are thinking is going to happen. It would have spread like a wild fire already..

What are we in now, like week three since the 6k+ thread and changes?

I would have figured something would have shown up by now.. hehehe

I wouldn't have paid it any mind except for catching the post by Coffee on Reddit and realizing that I had some outfits that would put me at risk, like the one I posted a couple pages ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I wouldn't have paid it any mind except for catching the post by Coffee on Reddit and realizing that I had some outfits that would put me at risk, like the one I posted a couple pages ago.

This is why I don't wander to outside sites anymore.. Many end up with the same vibes that Fox or CNN give off.. hehehe

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

This is why I don't wander to outside sites anymore.. Many end up with the same vibes that Fox or CNN give off.. hehehe

True but the forums here have been restricted in such a way that I no longer trust getting the full news in this one. Other sites remind me of that guy you used to link for news during covid, he was just factual without bias.

• Like 2

I wonder if people in the BDSM community are aware of the updated TOS. There are a lot of kinks that will be affected by the new rules, particularly the DD/LG hangouts, the adult baby and diaper fetish community, the spanking sims and schools that practice corporeal punishment.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

True but the forums here have been restricted in such a way that I no longer trust getting the full news in this one. Other sites remind me of that guy you used to link for news during covid, he was just factual without bias.

Oh the Financial guy? Ya, he's really good..

Myself, I sometimes tend to jump at first on the panic side with some things and then the more I learn, the more I start to be able to pick my own place to stand where i feel I'm seeing things in a more reasonable way..

I try to stop from going too far the other way and not let the pendulum keep swinging.. Some things can feel like I'm watching tennis or something with information. So I just try and do my own research as much as I can and concentrate on the actual guidelines themselves and more official things that come out..

C9SnIe.gif

Now that image that you posted a little while back.. You think that outfit would get you in trouble?

If you want to IM me in the forum with some of those outfit links, I'll see if I have them or may go get  a couple of them , then I'll run around to ever adult sim that shows up in the search and see if I get any responses..

I have some pretty young looking avatars..

I think it would be a fun experiment.. I'm not worried about getting an AR and I have nothing on the grid better to do today any3ways.. there sure isn't any good shopping to do today for me.. hehehe

Lets do it.

I'll post an image of a couple of my avatars and you pick the youngest looking one or one you think would trigger a response from a land owner and I'll see if it happens.. hehehe

It'll be a fun experiment to try out I think :)

ETA:Here is a few of them.

I might have some younger looking ones, I'll have to check my desktop folder for those though..

53143736930_406d994fea_h.jpg

Flexipony.png.67a0e071d4bab4f134d300b2bd

53535052953_2537db1e98_h.jpg

LowneSkinMalania.png.466f0c06e1a12b3f913

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Love your avatar here, she's so pretty! I don't think you look under 18 in any of these photos. Maybe if the first one wasn't wearing any makeup and had a more petite shape she might pass as a teen...like this person whose rp age is 15 in SL

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Sadvhi said:

Love your avatar here, she's so pretty! I don't think you look under 18 in any of these photos. Maybe if the first one wasn't wearing any makeup and had a more petite shape she might pass as a teen...like this person whose rp age is 15 in SL

Thank you very much :)

Ya, I can adjust them to where they are younger looking..

What I want to try is getting around that not sure age  like, could be 16,17,18 ish.. I'm just not sure.. hehehe

taking off tattoo's and things and changing clothes  and hair should do that and different makeup..

I was trying to look 20's in these.. I'll load some up and see what I can come up with  when I edit them.. I have a ton more.. hehehe

these were just my quick grab ones..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Oh the Financial guy? Ya, he's really good..

Myself, I sometimes tend to jump at first on the panic side with some things and then the more I learn, the more I start to be able to pick my own place to stand where i feel I'm seeing things in a more reasonable way..

I try to stop from going too far the other way and not let the pendulum keep swinging.. Some things can feel like I'm watching tennis or something with information. So I just try and do my own research as much as I can and concentrate on the actual guidelines themselves and more official things that come out..

C9SnIe.gif

Now that image that you posted a little while back.. You think that outfit would get you in trouble?

If you want to IM me in the forum with some of those outfit links, I'll see if I have them or may go get  a couple of them , then I'll run around to ever adult sim that shows up in the search and see if I get any responses..

I have some pretty young looking avatars..

I think it would be a fun experiment.. I'm not worried about getting an AR and I have nothing on the grid better to do today any3ways.. there sure isn't any good shopping to do today for me.. hehehe

Lets do it.

I'll post an image of a couple of my avatars and you pick the youngest looking one or one you think would trigger a response from a land owner and I'll see if it happens.. hehehe

It'll be a fun experiment to try out I think :)

ETA:Here is a few of them.

I might have some younger looking ones, I'll have to check my desktop folder for those though..

53143736930_406d994fea_h.jpg

Flexipony.png.67a0e071d4bab4f134d300b2bd

53535052953_2537db1e98_h.jpg

LowneSkinMalania.png.466f0c06e1a12b3f913

Yah, I think you're safe from being carded. Nice pictures.

One of my recent outfits similar to the other that I also suspect might be seen as underage again.

cf75626e6a9222b102366780956eadb7.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

One of my recent outfits similar to the other that I also suspect might be seen as underage again.

I looked at both pictures and ya, I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about with getting carded either..

I see zillions of avatars running around the grid that look younger than you and still don't look like they would get carded either..

What I want to do is get one of those avatars I posted to get in that range of, not sure if it's a 16 or 18 year old.. Then run around the grid and see if I can get any reactions or someone saying I'm too young looking..

My avatars are small anyways, but have to slim a couple of years off them I think.. plus have to look through  my others as well..

8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

From the pictures you've shown, I think your avatar looks adult.  Children and teens tend to have rounder faces.  I honestly don't see what the issue is.  Now, if you're frequenting regions that cater to barely legal avatars then people are going to assume by you being there that your intention might be to look...barely legal so they treat you accordingly.  If you were to show up at one of the popular spa sims like After Taste or the Hotwife club, no one would bat an eye at your look.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sadvhi said:

This is my adult shape 🤣 She's 5'6". I don't ever use this shape because I'm usually a robot. I look like I'm twelve here lol

Adult haha.jpg

Young lady, I'm gonna have to see your ID if you are wanting to get your daddy his cigarettes.. hehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Sadvhi said:

This is my adult shape 🤣 She's 5'6". I don't ever use this shape because I'm usually a robot. I look like I'm twelve here lol

Adult haha.jpg

yep, it’s a real laughing matter isn’t it?

27 minutes ago, Sadvhi said:

Adult haha.jpg

It's not the size of your avatar but the overall look.  The skin and face shape looks very young.  The dress does look like a child's pinafore type dress.   The slightly knock-kneed stand does make you appear sort of shy and demure.  ALL of these things in combination, make her appear young.  A more confident stand, a dress without ruffles, and even something as small as editing your brow shaper can make her appear older.  I have one skin I used to wear that made me look very young with the eyebrows on the skin.  No matter how I edited the brow shaper, she looked like a teen.  Using a third part eyebrow, brought her right up to mid twenties.   Small things can make a HUGE difference.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.