So what changed in the Terms of Service?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

Again, I really would wait to see what shakes down by the May 20th Roundtable.  Unless one's only interest in SL is a*eplay,  why jump the gun?  It may turn out that 'starting from scratch' is not necessary.  Many stranger things have happened over the years.

Oh they are keeping an eye on what happens. But they aren't expecting much so they are mostly tapping out of SL for the time being.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Thank you, search is my friend.

Good to know.  Good luck, Tommy!  I wonder who he reports to?

If the team can't sort it out,  Tommy takes a decision or he reports to Santa, to set people on the naughty list. No need to set out some milk and cookies for these people with Christmas that year.

What, this is a thread mainly about child avi's....

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Again, I really would wait to see what shakes down by the May 20th Roundtable.  Unless one's only interest in SL is a*eplay,  why jump the gun?  It may turn out that 'starting from scratch' is not necessary.  Many stranger things have happened over the years.

Unfortunately that tends to happen a lot in the forums.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I just checked my height again, I'm 5.41, which converts to 5 ft 2 and a half inches.

And I often dress like this, should I be worried?

I never engage in any *****, but is someone gonna try and  report me based on how I look.

*Look at this Avatar I saw loitering in Zindra*

bjdressed02.png

10 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

This is all bout NO MOD mesh bodies, with built in non-flesh coloured patches of triangles over where the rude bits would be if they hadn't been surgically removed in Blender.

Any bom skin can still be worn, because the rude bits of the skin are uv mapped to polygons that are no longer there, and the "modesty panels" are NOT Bom at all or mod at all.

The policy says the content creators are required to add "a layer which is baked into the avatar skins or bodies." If it can't be pre-baked into the skin, why does it say that? Because the authors don't know how avatars work? If that's the case, it's quite a leap to conclude that they really meant to say all avatars that anybody could ever mistake for a child must now be replaced by meshes with missing, UV mapped-past polys.

I'm 100% sure this is nothing they intended, but it would indeed cure the problem for existing skins—at the cost of bodies: Practically every mesh body has been accused of looking too child-like, so they'd all need to have replacements created by June 30th. Belleza better get busy!

(Also, I doubt Governance pays any attention to ARs submitted with a "What is she wearing" HUD. But that's a good question for the new Governance user group. They'd save themselves a lot of drama-mongering bother by just automatically filing those in bit bucket.)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That's part of the reason I think there is more to the new policies regarding young appearing avatars then meets the eye. There are to my mind worse kinks out there so wondering why they are suddenly hot and heavy about childlike avatars. I still suspect this is only the start.

The main issue is virtual depictions of all those 'worse' kinks are not against the law.  Actual RL depictions of some are but the laws about anything virtual hasn't caught up the same way the ones about CP have.  I'm sure eventually they will but until then, LL need not address them.

• Like 5

Just now, Vivienne Schell said:

It isn´t necessary when they follow the new rules as they are. These claims are just another bogus made up by people who want to proceed with their "business as usual", whatever that might be.

Maybe or maybe there are an increasing amount of ways for an adult in a child suit to get tripped up and banned for life that is the concern.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

The main issue is virtual depictions of all those 'worse' kinks are not against the law.  Actual RL depictions of some are but the laws about anything virtual hasn't caught up the same way the ones about CP have.  I'm sure eventually they will but until then, LL need not address them.

So what law changed in the last few months that suddenly required this amendment to the ToS? It has been ok for 20 years and now isn't without some significant external change?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Maybe or maybe there are an increasing amount of ways for an adult in a child suit to get tripped up and banned for life that is the concern.

Follow the new guidelines and you won´t get banned. If you refuse, your choice.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

So what law changed in the last few months that suddenly required this amendment to the ToS? It has been ok for 20 years and now isn't without some significant external change?

Thune bought Tilia, that is what changed... gotta appease the new owners 😂

Just now, Vivienne Schell said:

Follow the new guidelines and you won´t get banned. If you refuse, your choice.

Well no, I can go elsewhere and will but you are not replying to what I stated was the concern. So you got nothing?

• Confused 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Nothing has changed.  This all came about because of the uproar.  People.probably wanted some kind of rule change about child avatars.  Personally, restricting them from entering adult region would have probably been enough.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well no, I can go elsewhere and will but you are not replying to what I stated was the concern. So you got nothing?

Apparently you got everything, and because you did you go to "elsewhere".

• Like 1

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Thune bought Tilia, that is what changed... gotta appease the new owners 😂

I wouldn't have thought that but if there is nothing else that potentially triggered this dramatic change, maybe you're right and potentially affirm my suspicion that this is only the start.

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Nothing has changed.  This all came about because of the uproar.  People.probably wanted some kind of rule change about child avatars.  Personally, restricting them from entering adult region would have probably been enough.  

I thought that has been uproared about for over a decade. Can't see that SL would have gone to this length over a request by a vocal minority when they regularly ignore the requests of  the vocal majority.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I just checked my height again, I'm 5.41, which converts to 5 ft 2 and a half inches.

No, 5.25 would be 5'3", 5.5 would be 5'6", so off the top of my head, without using a converter or calculator, 5.41 would be about 5'4 1/2 "

12 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Only about people near you going blind because off the fullbright hair. Lose the hair.

13 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

but is someone gonna try and  report me based on how I look.

Possibly, because they are blind as a result of the fullbright hair and can't actually see your avatar, let alone see it's not child-like. Lose the hair.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I thought that has been uproared about for over a decade. Can't see that SL would have gone to this length over a request by a vocal minority when they regularly ignore the requests of  the vocal majority.

That the uproar was posted elsewhere and residents demanded action in various places, I'm sure they felt as.if they had to do.something.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I wouldn't have thought that but if there is nothing else that potentially triggered this dramatic change, maybe you're right and potentially affirm my suspicion that this is only the start.

I also feel the winds of corpo sterilization and gentrification coming to appeal to, and I hate using this word, however, a broader facebook tier normie audience. Make it all appear all squeaky clean on the surface level like meta and some other competing virtual worlds.

I pray I'm wrong, but it's not the first time something like that has happened. At one point there was a pretty big attempt to sweep adult content to a quiet corner of the grid on a restricted continent, sweeping it under the rug as the say.

Edited by Leslie Trihey
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Have you considered just switching to a grown-up / adult avatar? For me, that would be like if I was told to stop being Neko and only be "normal human", after so many years - not sure I could handle it.

Are you even RP then at this point? You know you aren't really a Neko right? If you couldn't handle being on a platform as anything BUT a Neko there is something wrong. Sorry but I think reality has really escaped some people.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

I also feel the winds of corpo sterilization and gentrification coming to appeal to, and I hate using this word, however, a broader facebook tier normie audience. Make it all appear all squeaky clean on the surface level like meta and some other competing virtual worlds.

I pray I'm wrong, but it's not the first time something like that has happened. At one point there was a pretty big attempt to sweep adult content to a quiet corner of the grid on a restricted continent, sweeping it under the rug as the say.

That would make more sense then the excuses I've heard so far and I understand it even if I don't agree.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Maybe this, back in March, has something to do with it?  

Official Statement From Executive Chairman Oberwolf Linden

Additionally, I am taking proactive steps to review and revamp many of our policies, including a comprehensive review of our Community Standards, Content Guidelines, and ***** Policy. Any violation detected will be met with swift enforcement actions to protect our community. We’ll be sharing these revised policies in the coming weeks and, critically, we are turning to the community to help us shape the future of how governance operates within Second Life. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I never engage in any *****, but is someone gonna try and  report me based on how I look.

*Look at this Avatar I saw loitering in Zindra*

bjdressed02.png

Only because you asked:

Your face looks adult.  Your body looks like you put bewbs on a 12 year old. 

I would not report you, but I wouldn't interact with you. If you were naked, I would leave to protect myself.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.