So what changed in the Terms of Service?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

and I assume LL will be working with creators to be more specific about what sort of undies are required. 

They are not.

Why would they be. When have they ever done that. The situation right now is - Creators have no frikin clue and are left to make something up, hope it's ok, sorry if you get banned, don't @ me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Obviously its a big turn off if someone joins sl expressly for the purpose of naked kid avatars, and there's no naked kid avatars. Will it solve the problem completely? Probably not. But you have to start somewhere.

Fascinating take

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:
6 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Obviously its a big turn off if someone joins sl expressly for the purpose of naked kid avatars, and there's no naked kid avatars. Will it solve the problem completely? Probably not. But you have to start somewhere.

This obsession is concerning, are the naked kid avatars in the thread with us now?

It's beginning to concern me deeply as well, but my psychoanalysis hat is in another room atm..

19 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

I feel like when the screenshot of the disembodied limbs is sent in, LL will suspect that derendering may have been involved.

I still don't know how these hypothetical pervs have the power to see though alphas and BOM layers to verify that I don't have the mystical modesty layer, especially since nobody yet knows what said modesty layer is supposed to look like. They're seriously going to complain to LL that because they can't see ANYTHING beneath my clothes I am in violation of ToS? Because I don't think Governance are going to take that as seriously as everyone seems to think.

Wear a modesty patched skin and your questions wil be obsolete. Supersimple, right?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

It is a rather pitiful start when the target for their policy changes are the prey of pedophiles. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

It's beginning to concern me deeply as well, but my psychoanalysis hat is in another room atm..

Are you also concerned for the rest of society which also discourages pedophiles? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Where did you get this from? I'd be interested to see official verification of that statement.

Personal observation.  This was not always the behavior of governance, certainly not when I joined in 2006, but in the last 5 years or so, yes, that is how they behave.  They warn before doing so little as returning a security orb.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Are you also concerned for the rest of society which also discourages pedophiles? 

I'm concerned about people on the thread who mention naked children a whole lot...

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Where did you get this from? I'd be interested to see official verification of that statement.

Q: Will Residents be immediately terminated if it is determined they are violating any part of the new policy?

A: Not all violations of the policy will result in an immediate termination. Depending upon the nature and severity of the violation, Governance has a suspension tree that is utilized to make attempts to educate the Resident first. However, if those attempts fail and the behavior is continued, it will result in termination. For the more severe offenses, the immediate action will still be to terminate their access to Second Life.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Pretty sure I'm not the one obsessing. 

Your one of the couple of people that bring up nudity at every possible opportunity. Just sayin'.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Q: Will Residents be immediately terminated if it is determined they are violating any part of the new policy?

A: Not all violations of the policy will result in an immediate termination. Depending upon the nature and severity of the violation, Governance has a suspension tree that is utilized to make attempts to educate the Resident first. However, if those attempts fail and the behavior is continued, it will result in termination. For the more severe offenses, the immediate action will still be to terminate their access to Second Life.

I would say those people participating in this thread who have child like avatars, and profiles that say they are into BDSM, could find themselves on the "serious offense" side of things.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Wear a modesty patched skin and your questions wil be obsolete. Supersimple, right?

How do they KNOW whether I am wearing a compliant skin/body if they can't SEE it? What wizardry are they using to unbake the baked-on-mesh and unhide the alphas, and how do I access it?

Edited by Sparkle Bunny

4 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

So simple, can you detail what would be compliant .. then we can all go home.

I did that back on, hmmm let me see.

Page 21.

On 5/3/2024 at 1:11 AM, Zalificent Corvinus said:

So, in SL here is what you do.

Take your pint sized anti-adult-activities griefer avatar, cut holes in it where the naughty bits that must never bee seen are, cover the holes with built in mesh "modest" underwear.

Make the non naughty bits of the skin bom, make the underwear layers hud textures only, make the whole body NO MOD, ensure NONE of the underwear textures in the hud are "flesh coloured".

There, does that answer your questions?

• Like 1

Just now, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Poking at people who support efforts to discourage pedophiles is not a great look. 

Sorry for being a dirty normie?

But you only want to discourage them .. by attacking their victims.

I want to see them shot into the sun.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.