So what changed in the Terms of Service?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

If someone does start a thread, post a link here.  If anyone wants their posts moving there, report them and we'll move them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

18 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

ContentStarberry_016-B.thumb.png.181769dd9937012766c90b413a50e722.png

This is what my avatar looks like

Depending on your avatar's height, that looks like 14 to me. So, you like to RP being a naughty teen in Adult sims? If I saw that, I would AR you, under the new TOS rules.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Because people that see an avatar they think is a child in the wrong place are going to think...."hmm, let me go study body shapes and proportions before I submit an AR. I might as well just look up Kawaii and Anime while I'm at it"

Unlikely to happen.

Okay... then their opinion of what is or what is not a child-like avatar should be discarded.

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

Depending on your avatar's height, that looks like 14 to me. So, you like to RP being a naughty teen in Adult sims? If I saw that, I would AR you, under the new TOS rules.

You can do that all you want, I don't think I'm a teen at all.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

So who's going to start the topic?  So we don't all rush over there and have 10

Is it really worth arguing about? It just takes one person to mistake you for an AV under 18 and you can get reported.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Codex Alpha said:

Okay... then their opinion of what is an what is not a child-like avatar should be discarded.

Or maybe one should question whether one's own view might be skewed if too many others see it different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I think if anyone wants to post some more pictures of avatars to discuss how old they look, it would be best so to do in a thread dedicated to that topic, possibly in the Your Avatar forum.  

If someone would like to start that thread, I'll port the last few pictures over, but please don't post any more of them in this thread.

There is already such thread in the Your Avatar section of the forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

If anything, people are confused, or forget what children actually look like.

You must have missed the post where I mentioned my stepdaughter.  In middle school, ages 11-14, she had DDD breasts.  She was 5'6" tall with a child-like face.  Children (anyone under 18) come in all shapes and sizes just as adults to.  

2 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Okay... then their opinion of what is or what is not a child-like avatar should be discarded.

I agree with this. That's why an AR is made and LL will make the determination. It's not up to us to decide if it's against the TOS or not. That the point of AR's.

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Or maybe one should question whether one's own view might be skewed if too many others see it different.

That's why I used the word OBJECTIVE. We have years of research and thousands of art school and courses that teach people what proportions and traits for different ages.. Really you talking like this now?

Just now, Codex Alpha said:

That's why I used the word OBJECTIVE. We have years of research and thousands of art school and courses that teach people what proportions and traits for different ages.. Really you talking like this now?

Nice, I'm into art as well. I draw, paint, sketch, do digital art and I am into cartooning and animation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Yes. Fully gown adults are shedding real tears over all this

Some people believe SL is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Well yeah, of course.  If too many others told me I actually do look 14 then I'd reassess my look and my view if I wanted to enter adult place.

• Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.