So what changed in the Terms of Service?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Wincil said:

My avatar literally has big breasts and a butt and has wide hips btw A child does not have that.  

By definition, any avatar that is under the age of 18 is a 'child'.  There are plenty of 16-17 yr olds that have big breasts and wide hips.

That is why "child" avatar is subjective.  With avatars that are representing late teens, they can look very much like "young looking" older avatars.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Give us a chance to comply is all I ask.

YES, this. This is TOTALLY legitimate.

I honestly think that LL should be reaching out to this community directly to offer help and to clarify things.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hundreds of dollars for ONE avatar? You were ripped off.

I have over 2000 items spread between clothes, hair, mesh heads, skins, shapes etc. Some of those like the head cost up to $L5000, even on average if they only cost on average L$150 per item that's L$300,000 or around $1000. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Tbh "all anime people are pedophiles" is the worst mentality anyone could have on the planet. Does kind of people are the actual pedophile who's projecting. 

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, brodiac90 said:
6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I have over 2000 items spread between clothes, hair, mesh heads, skins, shapes etc. Some of those like the head cost up to $L5000, even on average if they only cost on average L$150 per item that's L$300,000 or around $1000. 

Gotcha. Some people spread that kind of L$$$$ amongst several avatars. That's the source of my surprise.

• Like 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

The average mesh body costs between 15-35 dollars USD. The average mesh head costs between 15-20 dollars. That's 30-55 USD dollars for just two pieces. Now throw in a  (average cost of 5-15 dollars) skin, hair, make up eyes, other body enhancements, a single outfit and you easily hit into over a hundred with just one full AV and one outfit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3

Just now, Wincil said:

Tbh "all anime people are pedophiles" is the worst mentality anyone could have on the planet. Does kind of people are the actual pedophile who's projecting. 

Omfg...no one has said.that..at all!   

Is 4chan down today or something?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Wincil said:

I agree.  While a lot of anime characters are (in the shows) supposed to be middle-schooler to what us Westerners may call "high schoolers", they look and act older.  Saving the world, killing demons, facing the death of friends, etc.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

It's becoming abundantly clear you don't actually know anyone who mains a child or anime avatar.

I have, although not at the moment.

This doesn't clear up my confusion about what is particularly onerous about any of this.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think it is a misreading to see this as a "punishment," even if the main burden is being born by those with child avatars.

This is mostly about LL protecting itself. It IS unfortunate that that is necessary, but I still maintain that none of these changes are particularly "punishing."

If it is a burden, it is a punishment. LL protecting itself should be done internally from the sounds of certain published documents, not by restricting a subset of avatars of where they can go or how they should be dressed.

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

If it is a burden, it is a punishment. LL protecting itself should be done internally from the sounds of certain published documents, not by restricting a subset of avatars of where they can go or how they should be dressed.

And what exactly is good about child avatars being able to go to adult sims, and show naked flesh?

• Like 8

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

If it is a burden, it is a punishment.

Nonsense. A punishment targets someone for a perceived wrong-doing. There has been NO suggestion of that here. LL has not accused the child RP community of anything. If they had, they'd be gone.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Omfg...no one has said.that..at all!   

Is 4chan down today or something?

It's been strongly implied if not outright stated by at least 2 of the child hating brigade. Maybe you missed it.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

...they simply can't comply with this new reactionary "baked in modesty layer" rule.

Why not? There certainly will be creators who will be eager to beat some dollars out of the ***** crowd by selling skins with painted patches. Also, creators of explicit ***** avatars certainly will update their products accordingly, not necessarily for demonstrating loyalty but for staying in business. If they don´t, well, screw them.

• Like 1

Just now, Stephanie Misfit said:

And what exactly is good about child avatars being able to go to adult sims, and show naked flesh?

Nothing, no one is arguing for that. Look here, yes, down here! I'm a kid avi and I don't want to go to adult land, never have and never will and now it's not even up for debate which is a good thing. Now let's get G land properly policed. 

• Like 6

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Nonsense. A punishment targets someone for a perceived wrong-doing. There has been NO suggestion of that here. LL has not accused the child RP community of anything. If they had, they'd be gone.

Looks like it to me especially with the reports of people being banned.

3 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

The average mesh body costs between 15-35 dollars USD. The average mesh head costs between 15-20 dollars. That's 30-55 USD dollars for just two pieces. Now throw in a  (average cost of 5-15 dollars) skin, hair, make up eyes, other body enhancements, a single outfit and you easily hit into over a hundred with just one full AV and one outfit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I get it. I just didn't know they sold that much stuff for "child avatars". 

I have lot of Lion avatars, very few Human avatars, and rarely buy outfits, if that helps you understand where I'm coming from - with 16+ years in SL.

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ok, I am going to derail this oh so fascinating thread by saying to you, Love. Yes, Hundreds of dollars and even more , I have spent that on just one avatar and *gasp* The many alts I have.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

I've changed to 3 different mesh bodies in two years... more over the years in general. I remember when mesh was the new big thing.  Things change and adaptions have to happen. This is one of them.  

Some items maybe salvageable.. heads most likely will fit on new bodies so the head and hair could be saved. If you go with the same maker they might be able to redo bodies people are already using. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Starberry Passion said:

None of these look like teens, these look like grown adults to me. What's happening here?

455f9794cd4c803c2890b6ea41521116.jpg

They are older teens I guess.  16 -19.  That designer has been selling teen avatars for 15 years as one small section of her shop.  They look like teens to me - just older than 13-15.  She has some younger looking teens, to the left of my pic, that I could not fit in.  They didn't have facial hair, so probably in the 13-14 bracket.  I see teens working at grocery stores in RL and most look like these guys, and not tweens.  Maybe we mature faster where I live, but you can not judge a teen's age by their appearance around here.

Here are her younger looking Teens:  (Maybe the concept of age in SL is distorted, but these avatars look like RL.  SL is not a cartoon place - realism is what the graphic advances are all about.

caab610add3ac640b8a78530069e12ae.jpg

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

Just now, brodiac90 said:

Nothing, no one is arguing for that. Look here, yes, down here! I'm a kid avi and I don't want to go to adult land, never have and never will and now it's not even up for debate which is a good thing. Now let's get G land properly policed. 

Some of the clubs I attend are on adult land. I'm not a child avatar but the look i tend towards can be seen as somewhat straddling the line. So not everyone is happy with the restrictions in spite of not identifying as under 18.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes. Someone mentioned earlier not being able to go the the family-friendly nude beaches. Many pages ago.

Please provide a link to this message.  I've been reading this forum for two days and I can't seem to find it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.