A few QA questions

Amaranthim Talon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One thing I am not fond of in QA though is such an intuitive tool - I have not found a way to insert empty frames other than extend the length of an anim. But if I need more "room" between say frame 100 and frame 200 I can't insert them there, only at the end. Am I missing something or is it really a shortcoming?

Is there a way to export a text file of your anim, then perhaps be able to edit it in a text editor thus perhaps adding the space you need to lengthen or adjust a pose outside of QA?

Failing either of those things- I could open two instances of QA and copy/paste from one to the other- Or I could if that solution worked. Unfortunately, QA doesn't seem to allow me to copy from one window to another and so if I need to add some frames, I find I create a New Anim, open anim one, copy the needed frame, close anim one, open new anim, paste in copied info, save, close, open anim one.... etc, etc...

Help! There just has to be a better way-  isn't there?

Thanks for any pointers!

Yeah, this is kind of a pain and poser does not really do a better job than Qavi with this, which is why I use SLat. You can add frame to a section of the animation, the whole animation, or even just between 2 frames to smooth them out. Heck, there are even times after I make an animation that it might look a bit too robotic, and I will just add a bunch of frames to the whole anim, which will smooth everything out a bit. If you do this, you can even delete the same amount of frames that you added and the animation will still be smoother than it was originally, incase you need a specific amount of time for the anim, or frames.

Sorry, I can't really help with how to do this easier in Qavi.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.