why do i have a negative linden dollar balance? I had zero lindens before

donwolfani Doghouse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

something stole lindens from my account.    lindens i never even had.

before I had a zero balance,  i get on today to see about transfering some lindens from an alt account to let me upload an animation and lo and behold my main account has -4 lindens.    how is that even possible?

are we being charged for listing free items in the market now or is this an error?  in which case when is it gonna be fixed?

if it is the magic box that is fine because all my items are going off market immediately.   the only reason the were free to begin with was you people started making us pay a monthly fee to list items that had a price so screw the SL website market place im just deleting my magic box entirely because im not paying unreasonable fees for selling stuff that i don't even get any profit from

13 answers to this question

The most likely answer is that you are paying group liabilities for some group(s) you belong to.  Groups are charged for listing parcels in search, for example, and members share a prorated portion of those charges unless the group owner has turned off that "ability" for certain roles of membership in the group.   Open your Transaction History from the Acccounts link on your dashboard at secondlife.com.  It will show you where any expenses have been incurred.  Then contact group owners if you need to ask for a change (or leave the groups if necessary).

• Like 1

Same situation here, I'd been at zero for years, and today noticed I'm at negative Eight! Only I don't believe I'm part of any groups and have never listed anything to sell -- I've been offline the past couple of years, perhaps on one or two sessions since 2014, not anything I would have thought might cost, but then I've pretty much forgotten how to do most everything on SL! Still, my Lindex page shows no recent transactions, so it isn't anything I did today.

It's impossible to reconstruct transactions that might have occurred two or three years ago. If you're missing about 3 cents because of some small transaction in the past, it's hardly worth spending the energy to figure out where they went. I don't have any more of a clue about where they went than you do, but I know that we both misplace more than that in pocket change every day.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.