Extract Texture from full permission clothing layers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am wondering if it would be possible to somehow extract the texture from one piece of clothing that exists in world and either save it as a texture or transfer it to a new item of clothing in world.

The reason I ask this is simply because I have a lot of tattoos which were created prior to the new tattoo layer being introduced, and which therefore exist as jacket, shirt layers etc. Having created versions for 'all layers' I deleted the original texture files thinking they were no longer needed. However I would now like to create versions for the new tattoo layer.

I have tried searching everywhere for the answer but all I've found is 'it's possible to do this' but not how.

Thanks

since you created them, you can simply save the texture back to your hard drive to modify it in any way you like.

if they only exist in the clothing items you may still be able to export them with some viewers if you have full permissions.

otherwise there is no legitimate methods... several illegitimate ones exist, but discussing them here is probably not the best idea

Yes, they are deleted from the hard drive due to it going bang about 1 year ago so our only resort would be if we could somehow extract the textures back from the clothing items themselves (which for the record are backed up on 3 different avatars inventory in world). I don't want to do anything illegal like hacking the system or running a copybot viewer et cetera, so I suppose unless by a miracle LL implements something like this for owner-created items in future these will remain forever in the state they are at. Thanks for the info. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.