Second Life Viwer 2.7.2.233432 wont work

sja91

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

well today i decided to play second life , its worked before and it worked today, but when i logged on it said there was a more recent update. so i installed it, tried playing , and nothing happened, check my process's and there it was, SecondLife.exe*32

i have no clue what to do , i tried running it as administrator. nothing still , there is a process but no application or window.

i am running on windows 7 64 bit

with a amd turion x2 II proccessor P540

ati mobility radeon HD 4250

4gb ddr3 ram

please help. i realy want to play, thanks.

Uninstall the viewer completely including manually deleting the Second Life folders in AppData > Roaming and AppData > Local.

If AppData is hidden, you need to enable viewing. Follow the instructions for your OS here: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7422​0 or here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html

If you wish to save existing chat files you've had with other avatars, move the Roaming > [avatar name] folder elsewhere on your computer and drag any chat text files you wish to retain into the new Roaming > [avatar name] folder once Second Life is reinstalled and you've logged in at least once. Ignore if you don't want to save any.

Now download Second Life from the main download page and install it.

Log into the region Smith. If you can't change Login Location, tick the box 'Show on login' under Preferences > General > Login Location. Make sure you are in Advanced mode and not Basic prior to logging in. Allow your Inventory to load. Click the Recent tab to get this going.

I usually advise people to open Preferences > Setup tab and change 'Software updates' drop down menu to 'Download and install updates manually', as the automatic update process has caused problems for some. Unless you are experiencing problems a simple uninstall from the Start Menu > All Programs > Second Life should suffice before downloading and installing future viewer releases.

Did you check to see if you can log into Basic?  There is a little trick I found when you can't log onto Advanced and the trick is this:

Log onto basic just to get going as basic doesn't need to download your inventory.  If you can log onto basic, you're good.  Once on basic, move around a little, give the viewer a chance to recognize you.  Log back out again and switch to advanced, and you should be good to go.  If you can't even log onto basic, then you have another problem. 

I've not ever been able to start my second life as the viewer after 2.9.6 will not start. Viewer 2.9.6 starts, but i cannot do anything in it without updating. b4 anybody asks, i've read up on everything i could find about this ( next to bugger all ), drivers up to date etc.

Needs fixing pronto coz i'm gonna give up on it before it frustrates me.

hello, well , it works , but its very laggy , i think the problem is this SLvoice.exe*32 proccess, it is a second life thing, it takes up 1.5 gb of ram , and i cant end it , even when i close the viewer. how do i get rid of this problem?

hello, well , it works , but its very laggy , i think the problem is this SLvoice.exe*32 proccess, it is a second life thing, it takes up 1.5 gb of ram , and i cant end it , even when i close the viewer. how do i get rid of this problem?

Oh, is that what's happening. I've seen that SL can become very laggy if due to a bug or other reason, it's not killing the slvoice.exe proccess and you end up with multiple slvoice.exe processes. You can kill the process that didn't close down in your Task Manager.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.