A Few Questions About Group Creation

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am in the process of starting a new group.  I have read through the knowledge base and am still unclear about two things.

1.  Group Roles / Titles:  Although they will have the same abilities, I want people to be able to choose their own title.  For example, they could have a choice between Aunt, Uncle, Cousin, etc.  I can't find a setting to allow people to choose their own title. I know how to create a new role, can't figure out how to let people make their own choice.

2.  How can I make a click-able link to get people to the group?  Initially I was going to send a note card to people who had expressed an interest in what I was doing.  I was going to include the UUID for the group in the note but it does not appear to form a click-able link to get people to the group info window.  How can I accomplish this.

Thank you in advance for your help with this.

Perrie Juran

as Qwal says, you have to add each person to the role for them to be able to set that roles title.... even if the only difference in the role is the title.... for free to join everyone permissions roles, you can manually add the first few people and also set the ability to add other members to group members role, so that anyone in that role can add other to it and you aren't stuck doing them all manually yourself.

as for notecards, there is no way to make clickable links, you can however do it in chat secondlife://app/group/<uuid>/about will open the group pane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.