Very Sad News for Blueberry lovers

11 minutes ago, Omegaslayer said:

wow the conspiracy theories here are insane, people have been saying sl is going to close soon for years and yet here we all still are. For whatever reason blueberry is taking a step back is her own reason. There are tons of stores in second life that sell clothes like blueberry does, it is a tough thing to keep going and to keep up with the changing trends. And trends have altered to the point people want different types of clothing, and other stores have now given us that. Blueberry is no longer the groundbreaking store it was, we have so many other stores now like it and we should be thankful to blueberry for paving the way for those stores. I hope she is happy in whatever she is doing. 

They had a good run, in either case. It must be tougher to compete with saturation that we now have in SL, as far as creators go. And I don't mean low quality, look at any of the sales and there are a million different creators I have personally never heard of making very top notch stuff now.  It's also a possibility they might be rebranding into something else, that happens quite a bit.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Blueberry may be enjoying a 56,000,000 players daily concurrency of potential customers, out of 202,000,000 worldwide members.

I always divide that member number by 3 because many people aren’t still on their first account and many people have one or more alts. Plus the undeclared bots. I’m thinking Blueberry was like many businesses and had a magic number where it became not worth the time, effort and resources to produce for SL compared to using that time elsewhere for greater returns. Even if she outsourced creation, there’s everything from uploading through the post sales customer service to account for. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I always divide that member number by 3 because many people aren’t still on their first account and many people have one or more alts. Plus the undeclared bots. I’m thinking Blueberry was like many businesses and had a magic number where it became not worth the time, effort and resources to produce for SL compared to using that time elsewhere for greater returns. Even if she outsourced creation, there’s everything from uploading through the post sales customer service to account for. 

I am not 100 percent sure of this but it was mentioned some time back by a few people in SL that the Blueberry owner was also a SIMs content creator. Hearsay really but just throwing it out there.

11 minutes ago, Modulated said:

I am not 100 percent sure of this but it was mentioned some time back by a few people in SL that the Blueberry owner was also a SIMs content creator. Hearsay really but just throwing it out there.

Nah, he's talking about the fact she creates for Roblox.  He likes Roblox.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

It really is sad that Blueberry is closing or taking time away. I'm a guy, but I recognize quality when I see it and they did exceptional work.  I also just found out Cubura is also closing or at least closing inworld store. Sad start of July. 😕

Edited by Kylerky
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

The other day, I "browsed" summer shirts in an rl b&m shop I'd never been to before, and spotted a label inside one that said "BlueBerry 🫐", apparently, there's an Italian fashion brand by that name :) Sadly, the shirt wasn't my colour, else, I'd have bought it for the fun of it. I have lots of SL Blueberry stuff, probably up to 70-80% of my "modern clothes since mesh" wardrobe, if I'd have to guesstimate.

Edited by InnerCity Elf
no-glasses typos...
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kylerky said:

It's really is sad that Blueberry is closing or taking time away. I'm a guy, but I recognize quality when I see it and they did exceptional work.  I also just found out Cubura is also closing or at least closing inworld store. Sad start of July. 😕

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I sadly learned today of another long-standing Secondlife store closure. Clef De Peau is now closing and having a close- out sale.😳 I am not one for conspiracy theories there are far far too many of them in this day and era; but Secondlife/Linden Labs do you maybe need to tell us all something? What's going on? At this point I'm thinking about suspending any personal shopping currently and in the near future.

You really have to take store closures with a grain of salt. Many creators do this and rebrand, it's very common. Not to say the ones you mentioned aren't actually closing shop,  but again...grain of salt.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Kylerky said:

It's really is sad that Blueberry is closing or taking time away. I'm a guy, but I recognize quality when I see it and they did exceptional work.  I also just found out Cubura is also closing or at least closing inworld store. Sad start of July. 😕

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I sadly learned today of another long-standing Secondlife store closure. Clef De Peau is now closing and having a close- out sale.😳 I am not one for conspiracy theories there are far far too many of them in this day and era; but Secondlife/Linden Labs do you maybe need to tell us all something? What's going on? At this point I'm thinking about suspending any personal shopping currently and in the near future.

No one has put the cat on the cord in this conversation: Overpricing your creations, even in periods of real world crisises. Shattering your product line into separated items where you have to pay the top price for each item, in such way the creator needs to be present on each event possible or at every sale that is going on in SL.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Kylerky said:

Well you ARE clearly someone for conspiracy theories because your backing one right now. You think LL would give store owners advance notice of something? What possible reason would there be for that which would not end up as a clusterf**k for LL?

And there have always been store closures, and there are not more of them in the recent months than usual, they have just fallen victim to social media's tendency to blow everything out of proportion.

For example, Marco is closing Clef de Peau because he's burned out and doesn't want to do it any more. He says as much on Facebook. Stores come and stores go. I had one here 15 years ago, quite successful, and I burned out and closed it. Life happens.

Edited by Thecla
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Modulated said:

You really have to take store closures with a grain of salt. Many creators do this and rebrand, it's very common. Not to say the ones you mentioned aren't actually closing shop,  but again...grain of salt.

Ya, it's mostly that the more popular older ones get noticed more when they close, rather than more stores closing..

I'm surprised that many of them hang in there as long as they do really.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Thecla said:

Well you ARE clearly someone for conspiracy theories because your backing one right now. You think LL would give store owners advance notice of something? What possible reason would there be for that which would not end up as a clusterf**k for LL?

And there have always been store closures, and there are not more of them in the recent months than usual, they have just fallen victim to social media's tendency to blow everything out of proportion.

For example, Marco is closing Clef de Peau because he's burned out and doesn't want to do it any more. He says as much on Facebook. Stores come and stores go. I had one here 15 years ago, quite successful, and I burned out and closed it. Life happens.

I am not backing any conspiracies and I am absolutely not one for conspiracy. Your assumption is wrong and honestly rude. The stores I mentioned are closing or leaving inworld to some extent. If you're just going to point fingers and make assumptions about me politely kick rocks. 

Sincerely the wrong 🐝------> itch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Thecla said:

P.S. I don't  have Facebook many friends my age (19-25) don't. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Thank you for responding politely to my post and not making wild assumptions. I honestly was just puzzled by so many known store closures.

Edited by Kylerky
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Kylerky said:

I am not backing any conspiracies and I am absolutely not one for conspiracy.

Ahem ... You're implying it with this statement though.

but Secondlife/Linden Labs do you maybe need to tell us all something? What's going on?

You're asking LL what's going on and implying (not subtly, btw) that LL have something to do with store owners moving and may be keeping some information secret they are sharing only with big stores so those stores can "get out while the getting is good".

If not, please help me understand that sentence better because that's how it reads to me.

Politely ...

Stores, big and small, open and shutter here all the time. If I was running a store (not just a small gallery) and found a more stable and far far larger source of income for my ROI, and let money rule my desire to create, I'd be out of here like a shot as well. BB closed for the vastly more lucrative opportunities elsewhere in other "games", nothing more than that.

Plus in terms of clothing, houses etc, those skills are not easily learned to a level for a newcomer to compete with the big names. SL has it's own very unique pipeline and challenges.

And as @Thecla said, many owners simply burn out after a decade here or don't enjoy selling as an aspect of their SL experience, there's nothing LL needs to tell us. It's just life and people moving on, no more or less than that.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I am not implying anything. I'm asking questions. I read what you posted and reject it all completely. It has zero to do with anything I stated and just feels like a ridiculous attack.

Edited by Kylerky
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Looks like Blueberry is doing fine on Roblox.

Though Roblox still haven't solved the "same outfit in different colors" listing, so multiple listings are still needed, the listings all feature the actual model in 3d space, able to view it in 3d space Sketchfab style, and even try on the item onto your avatar to see how it looks.

Roblox also has strict mesh requirements, such as poly limits, requiring several 'base' rigged animations to any avatar submitted, etc that will guarantee that most mesh will be optimized for use on Roblox PC and majority mobile users.

What do we have here for that in SL? Some of us are already optimized for mobile just in our workflow and care for detail - but it's all lost in SL Mp's as there is no way to distinguish optimized from not, LOD'd full or not, optimized textures or not, 'mobile ready' or not, and now "Is PBR-enabled" or not.

SL is being left behind no matter what, unless they pick up the pace, or more creators will decide the ROI here, the amount of work and reward is no longer worth it here, and seek other platforms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Codex Alpha said:

Though Roblox still haven't solved the "same outfit in different colors" listing, so multiple listings are still needed, the listings all feature the actual model in 3d space, able to view it in 3d space Sketchfab style, and even try on the item onto your avatar to see how it looks.

Roblox also has strict mesh requirements, such as poly limits, requiring several 'base' rigged animations to any avatar submitted, etc that will guarantee that most mesh will be optimized for use on Roblox PC and majority mobile users.

What do we have here for that in SL? Some of us are already optimized for mobile just in our workflow and care for detail - but it's all lost in SL Mp's as there is no way to distinguish optimized from not, LOD'd full or not, optimized textures or not, 'mobile ready' or not, and now "Is PBR-enabled" or not.

SL is being left behind no matter what, unless they pick up the pace, or more creators will decide the ROI here, the amount of work and reward is no longer worth it here, and seek other platforms.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Some want to plug their ears, lash out at others for simply asking questions, and live in denial. I read some old posts on reddit recently about how IMVU declined in popularity. It started with some of their better Creators leaving or "taking a break," many never came back. IMVU is still around, but people say it's not what it once was and has lost tons of players. Hopefully SL isn't this way and they pick up the pace and attract more creators. Fingers crossed*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Codex Alpha said:

When you dig deeper it's not as impressive as someone might think. Bear in mind that there are no "fatpacks" listed - everything is sold as a single item. The exchange rate is .0035 Robux/US dollar - a 100 Robux item (upper range for this store) would be $0.35 cash money.

Now go to the store page and look at the "badges" that have been awarded for buying items. The badge for buying five items has only been awarded to 574 people since the store opened, and it goes down from there. Nice for someone running a business from their living room, but not the sort of thing that looks good for a business that investment bankers are throwing millions at:

https://www.roblox.com/games/11452349236/BLUEBERRY-Fashion-World

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1