Network lag meter light is stuck on red today.....over 2 years old in SL and this has been happening

Gizmo1 Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The "network" lag light has been in the red all day today, 6/29/11.  I've been here 2+ years and this is a first.  Still using viewer 2.3 because I can't stand  the browser profile handling.  Is it time for phoenix? I tried 2.7 today and went back, did that screw something up?

1 answer to this question

Does this happen everywhere you go in SL?  I mean different sims.  If not then it may be just the sim you are on.  If you have the problem everywhere then it's possible it's the LL servers.......a little doubtful if you are the only one with the problem though.  Most network problems people experience in SL are at the user's end..........their home network (or work or university).  So the first thing that is generally suggested is to reboot your modem and router.  That can be the problem and, it's at least eliminating it as a problem if it's something else.  Unplug the devices from the electrical source and leave them unplugged for 3 to 5 minutes.  Plug back in and once the lights settle to the noruma blinking routine try SL again (you might have to establish your connection to the Internet after rebooting your devices............I just restart my computer to accomplish that).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.