Lights! Shadows! Depth of Field! Unlock the beauty...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Or it would look like being honest and having integrity in who should be credited with the creations seen on screen.

If someone has put a lot of skill, creativity, time and energy into making something beautiful or artistic and then I go an use it in my digital artwork - I would be dishonest to claim full credit on my work with acknowledging who made most of it.

- That's a perspective in both the 3D digital art communities and in photography.

Outside by my campfire (the seems to never run out of fire despite burning for -MONTHS- :D ).

CampFireSnapshot_002.jpg

New mesh outfits from coldLogic. Campfire came from someplace called 'Old World' in the pre-mesh days. (to keep credits short).

Got full on light effects going here, with my favorite light preset of incongruent truths. Have to tweak it because a neighbors house casts a shadow right over my face at the "time of SL day" I took this, so I "moved the sun".

- If only we could do that in RL. :D

• Like 2

So cool! You look like you are in a CG movie! I noticed several of the links at the wiki are no longer valid, like they point to pages that are gone. I would like to clean that up. Also, when all those links were working, I collected them all, the Windlight settings, and I have those saved and organized neatly in a folder. I wonder how I could share those on that wiki?

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/WindLight_Settings

Ok, so I figured out how to zip, store in cloud, and share link so others can download. I tested it and it seems to work, let me know if you have any issues.

This is 530 Windlight settings, about half of them (267) Torley's, that I collected from the Windlight Wiki page and a few other places. 

I categorized them by creator and tried to make it easy to read in the viewer. If I didn't know the creator, I couldn't put a name, otherwise, I did.

Charolotte Caxton's Windlight Collection

UPDATE:

Ok, I consolodated a few duplicates, added Penny's and Juicybomb's, added the waters I've found, and a small how to install note card.

https://www.box.com/s/6d6a6133d972ea38497f

Put two shots in the vanity thread over in avatars. This is, IMO, the better of the two:

PinkMorningSnapshot_003.jpg

Did something with the lighting, but not sure what... :)

After YEARS of looking somebody finally put out another Bunny avatar. This one a mesh, from DSD, and very much to my tastes.

Without the light effects, a mess of random prims in the background looks kind of bad from this angle (its actually somebody's neat shop that is a joke about such things). But the lighting made it look really cool.

Having a LOT of fun with the new avatar. This alt has been neglected for a LONG time, so I had to a lot of shopping once it finally had an avatar I liked... o.O

And here's another image.

Morning in muy house boat:

RelaxingInBoatHouse_001.jpg

No postwork other than a resizing / cropping the far left end. Love what you can do with windlight settings and shadows. It traced my window blinds onto the floor in a very nice way.

I really like the Bear you have above. It and the bunny one - but the bear in particular has a certain glossy look to it that really evokes seeming to come not out of a "video game" but a 3D rendering application. :)

(Well they both do, but the bear is just my favorite.)

• Like 2

MorningByTheCampfire_001.jpg

Morning. :)

Angled to ignore the bondage gear a neighbor left outside on her front patio last night... o.O

Almost the same scene in default lighting:

MorningByTheCampfire_002.jpg

It was the same but I clicked my AO and that changed focus to where my AO was, so I alt-left clicked myself and that -moved- my camera, so I had to position again... /sigh.

Something not as pretty. :)

In a crowd of 68 avatars on the London City sim, topping 20 fps on Viewer 3.

30 fps when I turn off the effects used for this image.

Poor person behind me using Phoenix was complaining they couldn't wear their clothes or even move...

Gotta love the official viewer, and feel sorry for folks on old stuff. :)

LondoningIt_001.jpg

Incongruent Truths lighting effect, shadows and ambient occlusion, and running around on a FULL sim. This place seems to have a higher limit than the usual 40.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.