Lights! Shadows! Depth of Field! Unlock the beauty...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As a dream fairy, they are more than cosmetic. We all have wings, they just aren't always visible. Everything is cosmetic, really. We don't need bodies in a virtual world. We could all just be balls of light or name tags. Visual cues are part of the experience, slight nudges of the imagination to help share the dream.

• Like 1

Nice library! My books is most paperbacks in RL, they are cheaper and have lesser weight and easy to bring with me.

Ahh, new Nirans viewer. It is so confusing, everything has disappeared and I was feeling that I had to learn all over again. It is totally different from the official viewer and all other TPVs I have tried. /me sighs

So the square bug showed up again, I think it was almost gone in Firestorm. But I tried Nirans because "everybody" say it has so much better graphics. I can always use the clone tool and a bit of smudge and remove the lines, but it is still annoying. The line is only visible next to my head in this small JPEG copy, but when I was looking at the 2000 X 2000 PNG, zooming in, it goes straigh over the body. 

I try to solve the problem by turning on Anisotropic filtering and set Antialiasing to 8x in my graphic card. Then I will try to turn it off in the viewer and see what happens. 

nirshad_001.jpg 

• Like 2

I have noticed that it's a bug that turns itself on and off. It comes back when I forget about it. :(

I was told to turn on both antialiasing and anisotropic filtering in the viewer, and I think depth of field is really what brings it on. I am not so keen on DOF, it is too blurry and hard to use precise in the viewer. I can use some blur effect in the postprocessing instead, if I should want it.

Marianne Little wrote:

Nice library! My books is most paperbacks in RL, they are cheaper and have lesser weight and easy to bring with me.

Thanks Marianne. Perhaps you should try a Kindle. You can fit a lot of books on there and also play games. That's a cute photo. I know you don't like the line by your head, but it's a good pose and your hands don't go into your skirt.

My first work with projected lights went well. The biggest difference is that I can cast the light in a direction, instead of lightning up all around me. So I can use a dark spooky windlight setting and highlight details in SL, instead of in PS or Picnik. Here I attached 2 projectors to me and edited one to point to the sculpture. It was not so easy to edit in place, because of all the transparent prims around here. If my fingers slipped and I lost my projectur, it was almost impossible to pick it up again

Unedited, only cropped. 

coco body_004unedited.jpg

Bigger pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27764102@N02/6797381314/in/photostream 

• Like 3

I am so happy that you visited my Flickr :)

This picture has a bit of vignetteadded  and a frame. It is more Grimms Fairy Tales than Walt Disney. ;)

6946456597_c0d63da503_z.jpg

“He said, "Dance for me," and he said,
"You are too beautiful for the wind
To pick at, or the sun to burn." He said,
"I'm a poor tattered thing, but not unkind
To the sad dancer and the dancing dead.”
― Sidney Keyes 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.