Lights! Shadows! Depth of Field! Unlock the beauty...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Randall Ahren wrote:

I recognized Spangle. It's way up at the end of the North Coast Branch of the SLRR. Your light settings make it look really pretty. 

Hi Randall,

Thanks :). How cool that you know this station! I happen to live nearby Spangle, can walk from my home to catch a train and have to admit in normal daylight it does not look that special.

I am not 100 % sure, but I think for this picture I used one of Torley's Big Sun settings. I choose it to hide some nasty objects, as I am not a big fan of photoshopping stuff out/in - I find it a challenge to keep pics as original as I make them (as much as possible), specially when the subject is a building or environment.

I finally figured how to use shadows and depth of field. While the depth of field is easy to manipulate, i see that with Viewer 3 that LL decided to change the features in that there is no easy way to change the sun position in the sky with a slider as before. Now there is a huge window where one has to SAVE the windlight settings.

First, the window for saving these settings is so big that you can't see the entire screen. It used to be a small slider available to change the sun's position.

Second, to make incremental changes, one has to name and save the settings.

This no longer allows for on the fly windlight settings.

Please bring back that small environmental slider or at least make it an option that one can choose to use rather than the current Environmental Settings window.

Please consider this.

Thanks!

Xmara

• 5 weeks later...

ok .. i got me a BIG, HUGE problem :(

i used to take pictures with all settings on ultra, depth activated, anti-aliasing active etc.etc...

my pictures have always worked out nicely, on 5000x2561pixels

right now since a few days i have a bunch of lines coming trough my pictures after taking the snapshot.. (i dont see this on the normal view when using SL)

I have tried SLV2, SLV3 and firestorm but the problem stays..

here a picture without lines and one that i just took where u can clearly see the lines... :( i am so mad about this cause i cant seem to get the lines out anymore..

as photographer i need to find a solution to this so please if someone from the tech support of LindenLab can help me out here i would greatly appreciate it!!

Thank you very much!

picture without lines http://www.flickr.com/photos/67666393@N02/6159567402/in/set-72157627673059163

picture with lines http://www.flickr.com/photos/67666393@N02/6227999458/in/photostream

Elithera Blackheart wrote:

I've tried the "tilt shift photography" with the specs Torley recommends in the SL Wiki but it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

P.S. These are the specs in the Wiki:
  • CameraAspectRatio
    =
  • CameraFieldOfView
    =
  • CameraFNumber
    =
  • CameraFocalLength
    =

Hello, Elithera

The numbers that seem to work for me are .45, 30, 7-9 and 500 - 1000

The numbers change depending on the distance of focal point, sometimes keeping the same numbers and just zooming in or out a bit with the mouse wheel produces a desired effect, sometimes keeping the same focus but changing the Fnumber and or FocalLength works. I have also found that different windlight settings produce very different effects even if the tilt shift numbers stay the same.

Those are just some of my suggestions, hope it helps.

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

All of reality is an illusion.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain - Morpheus

We can feel, smell, taste and see things that are not real. Memories of real experiences are evoked by current virtual ones. At the end of our days, when it's all memory, I wonder if we'll have a hard time untangling the worlds we've inhabited.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.