Curiouser and curiouser

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you, Sylvia. Once the marketplace page is set up to sell offer for donations st brokoli memorabilia, you will be able to purchase a copy to have for your self. In the meantime, I have developed a meditational video to pass the time while we await her return and the speedy recovery of poor Marigold. Enjoy :P

So a few minutes before my shift ends and I can go home and devour a pint of mint chocolate ice cream, the dispatcher comes on the radio and asks if I can swing by and check out a suspicious person report.  "Sure,"  I said tiredly.

keli_100.jpg

You see a lot of crazy stuff on this job, but I have to say this has to be one of the strangest, weirdest, most lunatic kooks I've ever come across since I've been on the for--

"Hi, Janelle!"

"Oh, hi!", I replied, reaching for my can of mace.

"She'll come back, I just know she will!"  Keli appeared calm and quite content, considering she was levitating three feet off the ground munching on pistachos with what appeared to be three bags' worth of shells strewn all over the platform and the comfy-looking cushion.

keli_098.jpg

"Did you need something?" she asked.

"Umm, yeah, uh.. we've got a report of a suspicious person ... erm, loitering ... Keli, why are you hanging around here?"

"Waiting for Saint Brokoli."

"...who?" I asked, trying not to step on pistachio shells.

Keli looked at me.  "Saint Brokoli.  She appears right here on the... oh!  You've never heard of Saint Brokoli?  Why, here!  Take this -- it's a pamphlet about 'The Church of Brokoli and Latter Day Cabbages'.  It's very informative."

"Keli..." I began.

"And this is an issue of 'Vegetable!'; it's from 'Brokoli's Witnesses', you know those people that come around and knock on your door at 6 A.M.  If you have some time I can sit down and share this with you as well."

"...I have a Taser..."

"Ooo!  And here... have a T-shirt!"

"Okay, that's it.  Put down the bag of pistachios and step back off the... a T-shirt?"

"It's Saint Brokoli on the front!" she exclaimed happily.

"So it is.  Oh, uh.. yeah.  So, Keli, be sure to let me know if you see anything odd or suspicious 'round here, okay?"

"Sure thing!" she replied.  A slight breeze caused her to bob up and down while she busied herself prying open another pistachio with a fingernail.

I got back in my patrol car and left.  Yeah, I know the situation wasn't resolved, but I have a pint of mint chocolate waiting for me and, hey -- free T-shirt.

I had the weirdest vision last night. A young seeker was complaining that the Shrine to OLPS looked like a crime scene. Having had a dream about St. Broccoli's return I quickly make my way over to the shrine to clean up for her second, oops I mean third... or is this the forth return?

Broccoli_001.jpg

Leaving my vehicular offering I leave it up to Our Lady of Perpetual Silence on when she would like to return.

Broccoli_002.jpg

flashback tothe day before

before the scene was cleaned.

before the lady of perpetual silence "mysteriously" disappeared

this is what the area looked like.

gon.jpg

Questions now

1   where did the mysterious brokli person go?

2   is brokli a secret killer who stakes out abandoned land waiting for pos buyers and then kills them?

3   who attacked marigold (it looked suspicious to me that that broad keli was cleaning up the area while no one was around or is she a red herring)?

4   is marigold alive or dead?

5   don't look at me. I'm broccoli not red herring :matte-motes-silly:

Things seem to be calming down although there is a sence of loss as OLPS fails to return:(

@Janelle: Any clues yet?

@Keli: Nice outfit, does the maid service do parties?

@eye: Who are these guys and I swear yesterday there was only one in the pic?

broc3.jpg

eyeye Afterthought wrote:

4   is marigold alive or dead?

At 10:48 PM Monday, Marigold Devin was taken to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead.  She was then taken to a better hospital where her condition was upgraded to "alive".  She remains in critical condition at 'Our Lady Of The Occasional Miracle' Medical Center.

intensive_care.jpg

(Fortunately, Marigold's health plan provides for her own personal nurse.)

:matte-motes-inlove: and I'm feeling better all the time. :matte-motes-inlove:

Now I am on the road to recovery, I have so much to catch up with.

Did the Lady of Our Perpetual Silence return to the scene of the crime?

Have there been any other sightings of *movie star* tagged silent followers in the neighbourhood?

And is that broccoli soup that I can smell?

/me waves at Alazarin (thanks for starting this thread - much fun it is - but unfortunately your mystery is not yet solved)

/me turns to Janelle, can you just rub some ointment in .... there... *sighs*

nurse janelle 5.jpg

The tree the tree oh damn. Here we go :P

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

jm_143.jpg

Marigold spent about a week in the hospital and was checked out just today, fully recovered.  To celebrate her miraculous recovery, Janelle and Marigold went to their favorite roadside picnic table and had broccoli soup, coffee and donuts and both had a wonderful, completely PG-rated time.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Define 'icky'.

When you're presented with a branch off the main storyline (or a really juicy opportunity for a thread derail) and you imagine story components ahead of time but don't have the good sense not to take pictures and upload them ASAP, and then later reviewing what you pictured/posted and thinking... ewww, why did I just say/do that?

"icky"

• 2 weeks later...

And another *movie star*.  This one is hiding underneath the ground, as well she might, for she is hairless and virtually naked!

movie star 2b.jpg

And another *movie star* sits on a parcel of abandoned land.

Maybe they all come to life at the same time, are the great undead!

movie star 3.jpg

One more *movie star* before my bedtime. Again sitting on abandoned land.

movie star 4a.jpg

Jussst one more - she's stuck in a floor!

movie star 5.jpg

I saw this guy yelling at this woman "Why won't you talk to me you....." so I thought this is getting out of control so I tried to offer her a ride but she wouldn't talk to me either. Agggg Movie Stars! Then I saw your post. :smileysurprised:

You don't think these are the aliens they talked about in that other thread, do you?

MovieStar_001.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.