Is there info on how to adjust boots/shoes so they don't bleed through pants?

Bryce2k10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a pair of boots which are adjustable in size, up or down, by .5%, 1%, or 5% at a time.  So, it's easy to change the size of the boots.  But................on some pairs of pants if I get the boots small enough so they don't bleed through the pants, then the avi skin is bleeding through the boot. There doesn't appear to be a way to fix this, other than not wearing those boots with those pair of pants.  Reducing the size of the feet is an option, but then will the feet look too small and out of proportion to the overall look of the avi? And with each new pair of pants and boots/shoes new challenges arise.  Apparrently the solution is to spend tens of thousands of lindens buying all kinds of boots/shoes, and pants to experiment with what works and what doesn't? So much of the money is wasted on clothes that don;'t work and some that do.  Any suggestions? Thanks. 

3 answers to this question

Some boots will never match with some pants and there is nothing you can do about that. You can reduce your shopping budget by having a few pair of shoes wich will match with every pant. As for skirts/dresses, absolutely all shoes or boots will fit, even better when they are resizable.

• Like 1

Well good news (maybe) is that it isn't the shoes, but the pants.

If the pants are MOD (modifiable in the appearance editor) then it is a simple case of making them a little bit SHORTER. The minute you do that they also tighten up around the ankle. You might also need to make them tighter overall if they are baggy.

Many pants come with a  'boot cut' option so that this is done for you AND you often get an underwear layer version that will automatically work with boots as they fit skin tight.

So while those pants may not work for boots, I am guessing you have some that will. A dip into your closet is all you need.

Signed the fashionista *wink*

PS. If you are tired of spending lindens on pants, spend an hour or two on one of the hunts that are on until the end of the month. Two great ones for guys with so many pants I can't tell you OR join one of the desginer groups that regularly give out product gifts.

ALSO the next time you buy pants, look for ones that are either mod or have a boot cut in the pack.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.