Report these cheating B******s !!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Excuse the language but I have spent the day reviewing the top search listings in Places and I've found almost "ALL" of the top placed businesses are using bots to increase their traffic!

How is this still happening in SL ?  It is totally unfair traffic gaming and I would urge each resident who reads this thread to report them right now. 

As creators we dedicate our time & money to our work. Advertising is key for our businesses. So we are all potentially losing alot of money because of this.

The only way to change this is to Abuse report each and everyone cheater that you find .  It takes 5 abuse reports for a linden to take an AR seriously. So don't leave it for someone else to report.

Are you sure it's worth all the angst?  I know there are some merchants that still use obsolete viewers to compare each other's traffic figures, and are busy gaming those numbers against each other, but... I mean, everyone needs a hobby.  Are we sure there are enough real users still using old search that it makes any difference to sales?

I think we should AR them.  Regardless of whether stores are worth listing in search people pay good money for their adverts and when someone comes along and boosts their traffic by illegal means that is unfair. I think we should do our duty against these people and report until they are removed.

suki Actor wrote:

I think we should AR them.  Regardless of whether stores are worth listing in search people pay good money for their adverts and when someone comes along and boosts their traffic by illegal means that is unfair. I think we should do our duty against these people and report until they are removed.

Traffic doesn't make any difference to the rankings/positions of paid ads (classifieds). Traffic rankings only occur in the Places tab in V1 viewers and there are no paid ads there, so they don't compete.

bots can slow down the sim cause they are avatars just the same. However what happens is people maximize the effectiveness of thier bots to be low impact but cause high traffic.

I have literally watched a new hangout go from bottom of screen to top in matter of 3 days. On the first day I was shocked and looked to see what happened cause the place had been around for a few weeks. I found 5 people with the exact same name <stupidname>bob, <stupidname>jane, <stupidname>john, <stupidname>charlie, <stupidname>tom. All born on the same day, only three groups visible almost all related to the sim, no picks other then those to the sim, etc. A few others I noticed are always there but they had varied picks, filled out profiles, tons of various groups, and were kinda hard to tell if they were bots or not (likely not).

a few bots might not seem a big deal but once they reach a certain level in search they can rise quickly. specially in areas were they cater mostly to say a popular group (goreans, vampires, goths, etc) but what you are searching for a sub group they tossed in to get more hits in search.

places using bot houses  to increase traffic thinking it is going to boost them up the list need to update their game plan..they are doing it wrong..

traffic is so last year..

there is a funny kind of irony in there somewhere..i just know it hehehehe

For V2 viewers, traffic affecting rankings is history. It still counts but it counts so little that it really isn't worth bothering with. But traffic still decides the rankings in the Places tab of V1 viewers. As more and more people use V2s, its benefit gets less and less. At the moment, higher traffic is still worth having.

they could have totally fixed it for v1's if they would have just put a map button in the ALL search..

which if you ask me is a better search than places..

most people i talk to don't even bother with places and use ALL..

i would search ALL to get a place and then type it up in places to get a map for it..thats all places was for me..LOL

V2 uses the updated search..where v1's use the older search..and actually i believe it still depends on which v1 version you use as to which version of search you have in them as well..lol

one of the v1 versions don't even show adult ..because they were before adult  rating..so adult shows up as mature hehehehe

you also have different protection filters depending on the version of the viewer you use as well

JulieAnne Rau wrote:

What about bogts that model clothing? shall we ban those too?

Bots that are being used as models are supposed to be registered as scripted agents so they don't contribute to traffic generation.  They are not usually hidden away under ground or up in a sky box either.  Apples and oranges. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.