Any marketplace updates forthcoming? I miss the weekly notes.

Hollee Dion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry to see the weekly update notes being discontinued.  Even if they weren't announcing features ready to go it was nice to hear what stuff was being worked on. 

There's now a very old jira for being able to turn off email notifications, almost a year old, I think it's had a fix pending for just almost as long.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-2399

The news posts where really the only things worth reading here.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

The marketplace will soon have a huge update when it switches over from the use of Magic Boxes to the new direct delivery system. No exact date has been announced yet, but all indications are that it is very soon.
:)

Can you say what indications? I really want this to happen. Mostly because of the improved service it will provide, but also partly because I want to watch the food fight that will ensue, which always happens whenever anything changes.

Zena Juran wrote:

I have not read any information on this new Direct Delivery system.

Is this Direct Delivery going to include new scripting functions to use in in-world vendors also? 

Several of us have requested that LL provide an API for use by Vendor Systems, however their present plans for external interface appear to only include supporting ANS (outgoing data). I do not believe they have any plans to implement Remote Delivery in any fashion whatsoever. (However I'm not part of the Beta so I have no inside info .. so that's only conjecture on my part.)

I was thinking maybe an inventory link like the clothes link to drop in an existing inworld vendor vendor instead of the actual inventory. And maybe a script function of like llGiveInventoryLink(INVENTORY_LINK) or something.

It would be nice to have folders in the viewer inventory to keep vended products and update those folders instead of having to update the vendors when product versions change.

Hopefully some at LL are working on something like this.  :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Paladin Pinion wrote:

I really want this to happen. Mostly because of the improved service it will provide, but also partly because I want to watch the food fight that will ensue, which always happens whenever anything changes.

Yes, maybe it will be a complete disaster and that will bring us all back together and revive this dead forum :-)

Zena Juran wrote:

I have not read any information on this new Direct Delivery system.

Is this Direct Delivery going to include new scripting functions to use in in-world vendors also?

There are details of how it will work on http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SL_Marketplace:Direct_Delivery_FAQ & a thread on this forum a month ago by Brooke Linden for feedback http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Direct-Delivery-FAQ/m-p/881057/message-uid/881057#U881057

Maybe Brooke will post an update on how testing is going & the predicted launch date.... /me smiles sweetly at Brooke hehe :)

I like the idea of the separate "Incoming" and "Outgoing" system folders.

I've never really had any problems with deliveries. Moving items in and out of the Magic Box and getting the Marketplace to recognize and update changes are the problems I deal with. If it wasn't so much of a hassle, I would probably list more items on the Marketplace.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.