I have a suggestion for forum members who are seeking new friends. I had a job in RL where new and old co-workers were invited to a monthly evening meal in local restaurants. Living in a city there was plenty of choice for these Greet and Eat Meetups as they were called. The newest co-workers then had to choose the next restaurant for the following month.

I'd like to get the ball rolling as a possible idea for Greet and Eat Meetups here in SL where there are plenty plenty of great restaurant choices.

I know time zones are a problem and that maybe only one or two of us might show up. Still, it's a start!

For us European time zoners, I will be in the restaurant between 11:00 and 12:00 European time Monday to Friday and then 19:00 to 20:00 European time Monday to Friday.

I will endeavor to keep that up for this week and next week ie until Friday 22nd March 2024.

After that someone else can find the next restaurant  and suggest their own times.

Other time zone eg the USA members can suggest their own times and restaurants.

For my first Greet and Eat Meetup I have chosen the lovely Japanese restaurant SukiYaki

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ARRAGON/137/215/24

Love and peace Hecate x

SukiYaki Restaurant.jpg

• Like 3

Oh I like this idea.  Not only could you possibly make friends but also visit new places sl.

I'm EST but might show up at your later time to keep you company some days and see what other plans you might have.  Maybe you should convert to the times you'll be meeting to  Second Life time as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chery Amore said:

Oh I like this idea.  Not only could you possibly make friends but also visit new places sl.

I'm EST but might show up at your later time to keep you company some days and see what other plans you might have.  Maybe you should convert to the times you'll be meeting to  Second Life time as well. 

Thank you, Chery. Looking forward to meeting and dining with you. Hecate x

• Like 1

Greet and Eat meetups  got off to an excellent start yesterday! I met two wonderful forum members and shared a saki and sushi! 

SukiYaki is a beautifully designed Japanese restaurant.

I''ll continue with going there at the agreed times as well as popping in to the restaurant whenever I log on.

Meantime if anyone would like to recommend another  nice restaurant and agree to be there for certain times then others could pop in to say hi.

Hopefully, we can build up a list of restaurants where there is always a good chance to meet forum members across all the time zones. 

Love and peace Hecate x

• Like 1

I've met some more super-friendly and very interesting forum member in the SukiYaki  a beautifully designed Japanese restaurant.

As usual, timings are tricky and rl as always can get in our way.

What I'm going to do now is edicate my online time in SukiYaki for the next week. Hopefully, I'll bump in to some of you. 

One member suggested a Greet and Eat Meetups SL group. What do you think?

If any other members of the forum want to dedicate some time, ie do a shift, at any restaurant, then please let us know and we'll meet up with you. 

Early days but some excellent feedback.

Love and peace

Hecate xx

On 3/14/2024 at 1:59 PM, Chery Amore said:

I’m eastern too

• Like 1