Why do I have to Waite 60 days (hibernate) in order to close or (cancel my account?

zenndra04

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I'm not aware of a reason why you would have to wait to cancel your account.  Who told you this?  Was it an error message you got when you went to Dashboard - Account - Cancel Account?   Your profile shows your account is only 1 day old and doesn't show anything about having payment info.   So its a mystery to me. 

You can edit your question with additional information as to where you saw this 60 day notice and we can try to help figure it out for you.

--Cinn

All you need to do is NOT uncancel. That 60 days is the time that your name, avatar, and inventory will still be able to be restored if you change your mind.

Still Want to Cancel?

If you still want to cancel your account, click on the cancel button below. You can reactivate your account by 07/28/2011. Your Second Life name, avatar and inventory items will still be yours if you reactivate before 08/27/2011. You will need to create a new account if you decide to rejoin Second Life after 08/27/2011.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.