Tiny Empires

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's a turn-based game that's played using the Tiny Empires HUD. You find a liege, buy land, make improvements, buy more land, recruit subjects, buy more land, make more improvements, buy more land, etc.

Many players have alts to up their land holdings and so increase their rank. They don't necessarily have to be parked out of sight and many don't even sign their alts on unless their Kingdom's ruler is giving away acres, the Trader is coming, etc.

I lived on an estate made up of several islands and there was a Tiny Empire on a nearby sim.  I could see them on my radar popping inworld early in the morning and, when I cammed over, they were sitting around a pool doing nothing.  It was curious, nothing more.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Yeah, there really is no reason to AR them. Do people AR just anyone who... stands in one spot for more than, say, ten minutes? ... won't answer you in local or IM? ... goes AFK? What's the reasoning there? No wonder LL has trouble getting to
real
issues.

When they start cluttering up land that isn't there's; yes. Bots have an impact on a sim - even the scripted agents take up space and generate lag.

When there's so many of them people have trouble entering a sim - that's an issue. But even if there's only 15 or so of them, its still an abuse of sim resources.

From what I've read in these forums, Tiny Empires players don't abuse sim resources - not even when there are 15 of their alts/bots in a sim. It's down to what is considered to be abuse of sim resources, and 15 avatars in a sim isn't an abuse, imo, unless there are many other avs in the same sim.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.