reviewing GUI of importer and Object editor

Gaia Clary

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It is important to me. I really want to be able to see what a mesh is costing as part of a linkset. The only way I can do that now is to unlink it and note the difference in PE. I know a mesh will count as 2 prims minimum by itself. If linked, it might count as .5 or .78 or whatever. I want to know.

I suppose they could do the calculation of what the linkset PE would be wiothout the selected prim, subtract that from the whole linkset PE and tell you that. They could call it the marginal cost. They still wouldn't add up to the whole linkset cost though. The trouble is that the effects of each component are context-dependent. For example, suppose you had a component with a large physics cost that caused the linkset physics cost to dominate. Then removing some other components with "None" physics shape type would not change the linkset PE. So they would have a marginal cost of 0. But if you removed the high physics cost component, so that the streaming cost now dominated, the same ones that were 0 now contribute to the cost after all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4684 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.