Teleport not working

ipaddi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys and gals,

I have created an Alt and am using V2 viewer. When I search for a location and then click on one, the link will not open showing more info or option to TP as you normally get.

Any ideas??

Mny thanks IP

First, make sure you're using a WIRED connection, not wireless.

If you're a bit techie (or know someone that is), see if you're having problems on your network ports, either with a software firewall (Norton, Commodo, Kaspersky) or your LAN router (if you use ADSL):-

Port 53 via UDP and TCP

Port 443 via TCP

Port 12043 via UDP and TCP

Check these ports are open, according to your set-up. And maybe test them if you're able.

It's not something I know a fantastic amount about, but I've heard failing TPs are often a sign of poorly-configured networks.

Good luck. =]

Okay, download Google Chrome if you haven't already and SET Google Chrome as your default browser.   Next, after downloading Google Chrome (also if you haven't already), click on use "built-in browser" which in V2 is Google Chrome. 

Doing this in V2 not only speeds up the loading of sims, but you get a whole other completely different destination guide, which is a much better destination guide with a lot more info.  I got a completely different destination guide with a lot more info when I did these steps. 

Try doing that to see if you get that different destination guide, which is a much more way cool destination guide.  I love it and the Google Chrome along with click on use built-in browser is so much faster!  I luvs it, and I hope it keeps working for me! 

ETA:  Some people reading this might go where is that use 'built-in browser' thing.  It's in your preferences and I can't remember exactly where at this time, but should be easy to find if you go through all the preferences, like media, graphics, etc.  It's in there somewhere. 

Also, don't keep throwing away viewers and reinstalling too many things as this can cause registry errors.  You may have a registry mechanic built into your software bundle somewhere that you can run if indeed you are uninstalling/reinstalling a lot of software, etc.  But it's not really a good idea to keep uninstalling/reinstalling as it causes patch leaks. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.