How many items can be placed in a magic box?

sylvia Silentghost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I could find no info on limits to a magic box on the Marketplace help areas. THIS is information on a prim in general from the Second Life wiki.

Content Tab

This tab shows the internal contents of the selected object. An object can contain any type of inventory item, including other objects which in turn have nested contents. There is no set limit on the number of items that can be placed inside an object, though if it in the hundreds, it can take some time to fetch or edit the contents.

Adding items does get cumbersome however. If you sell more than one type of product, you might make a box for each of them OR make a new box as the years rolls around. You can also delete items that you no longer sell from the box. This might help you keep the number down some.

• Like 1

I do not think there are limits.  I have 75 items in one box and have no problems with it. But, I think there might be a issue with how much lag on the sim where box is + how many items are in the box...the more lag+ plus more items could mean slow delivery which is a problem for customers who want items quickly. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.