Fixing partially invisible sections on several avatars?

Zoen Repine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just recently began having this ussie ever since I upgraded from a 40 GB hard drive to a 320 GB hard drive.  I did not have this issue on the older 40 GB hard drive.

On two of my avatars and on both of the test avatars, the basic up-to-date Second Life viewer renders the neck invisible on these avatars.  On top of that, sometimes their waistline and their ankles are rendered invisible as well.

I've tried changing skins, editing shape, trying on different inventory items, clearing cache, rebaking, and even just recently did a full fresh reinstall of Second Life, yet this issue remains persistent.  I'm out of ideas on what to do, so I am turning here to see if someone else can help me figure out what's going on.

Screenshots to highlight and display the invisible sections I'm talking about on the two main avatars I use are linked below.  The same issues show up on the test avatars.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/The_Bombers/slneckissue_001.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/The_Bombers/slissues2_001.png

3 answers to this question

It looks like a video driver problem to me.  A new hard drive will not be the cause.  What could be the cause is how did you get your operating system, programs and all the data to the new drive.  Did you clone the drive, use Windows transfer utility, or did you do a clean install of your operating system, all your programs and use a backup to get all the data back?  If you did the latter you probably need to get the latest driver for your video card (the one Windows finds is not likely to be up to date........as old as a year in some cases).  I've never done either of the other two methods so I can't say for sure but it seems to me that the driver would be the same..........I will say s**t happens on upgrades like what you did so it could still be a driver issue.

This is not an 'answer' but it is to ask if you ever got an answer that worked for you.  I am having the same problem with my avatar with neck area and waist area missing.  I have tried everything you have including getting new avatars, etc.  It was showing up fine on the Avination viewer 1 but i recently upgraded to the Avination 2 and now the same problem. So i doubt it would be the grafics card or otherwise it wouldnt have worked fine on one viewer and not any of the others.

If you get/got an answer to this issue, could you please share it with me? My avatar name is Maglet Kanya in SecondLife.

Thank you.

Maggie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.