Sign in to follow this  
DraztikArtiz

how do i trade my imvu credits for lindens?

Question

They do not transfer.

I was reading imvu's Terms of Service just the other day, I believe it says the credits are for use in imvu only.

I know of only 1 trustworthy SL an imvu Resident who might trade but again, I believe exchanging imvu credits outside of that world is prohibited, I could be wrong but I like to error on the side of caution.

6 answers to this question

They do not transfer.

I was reading imvu's Terms of Service just the other day, I believe it says the credits are for use in imvu only.

I know of only 1 trustworthy SL an imvu Resident who might trade but again, I believe exchanging imvu credits outside of that world is prohibited, I could be wrong but I like to error on the side of caution.

Linden Lab does not exchange any other online game/platform's currency.  Some groups may take your IMVU credits and give you Lindens in return..........but that's a resident to resident deal.  It's also borderline against the ToS.

DraztikArtiz wrote:

i am trying to find out, how can i carry over my imvu credits to sl so that i can hvae lidens on here, and i do not know where to go to do that, can someone help?

Welcome to Second Life Answers, DraztikArtiz.

This is not possible to do. IMVU is a total different entity to Second Life. I would also advise you that if you obtain Linden Dollars, do so via an approved source, or you can easily lose your account with Second Life.

For more information, please see the knowledge base here ... http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-dollars/ta-p/700107

There is no official way to do that.  You could try asking around to see if some resident would be willing to do a trade but it would be a bit "shady" to say the least and you would have no recourse if something went amiss.  Also, you should carefully review the TOS for both LL and IMVU to be sure that you were not setting yourself up for problems later.  

i often time have used firstmetaexchange.com --they have a 'wallet' system which allows you to deposit, withdraw, trade, and/or sell a few different virtwual world currencies.