The Different Types of SL Users

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How much others know about my real life depends entirely on who they are to me, not on my approach to SL.

There are a couple of people who know who I am, where I live, etc.

Most of my friends and acquaintances know something about my RL, but nothing terribly specific.

Everyone else only knows Ossian. I will answer the age/sex/location questions truthfully,
but I do judge people on how quick they are to ask those questions.

If it's obvious that it's the main thing they want to know, I put them in the "bumpkin" category.

If they're only asking to make conversation, I'm more lenient.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is something I have never really considered much. I often say that I don't RP in SL but I do. I RP me being in SL. My fantasy world extends to owning my own Label, designing clothing items, buying rare musical instruments that I could never afford in RL, (mostly) and wearing & adoring medieval/steampunk/vintage fashion.  

I came here to try my hand at clothing. That is ALL i knew of SL at the time.I hadn't even met anyone from my own country until I was at least six months in.

One thing I will tell you though, is that *most, (say 90%) of my closest and enduring friendships have come from these forums. In the past it has been referred to as a clique which it can hardly be if new friends are often welcomed and participate in the fun regularly.

Where do I fit on the scale? I have NO idea. But it is a brilliant learning tool for SL relationships. Well done.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.