How to stop receiving conferences

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, Forum of Wisdom! I am annoyed by someone's conference DMs, so I marked my online status invisible to them - typically this works since most people who initiate a conference of their friends generally select the online ones. I still received their conferences. So I unfriended the person but I am STILL somehow being included. It's not the same conference, because I close it, they go offline at some point, as do I, etc...  so it's a fresh one they initiate each time. It's not a group chat, I am not in their group and the title of the DM window says "person name conference". I don't see a way to initiate a conference from calling cards either so I am lost as to how I'm still being included in these. I can't turn off conferences completely, before anyone suggests that, because there are certain ones I do need/want to be included in. Just not this one person's. And they are the only one this is happening with, so I don't understand how it's possible and it's driving me crazy. 

Anyone have thoughts as to how they're doing this??

25 minutes ago, Nikole Messmer said:

. I don't see a way to initiate a conference from calling cards either

From.the firestorm wiki...

A conference is a private conversation with two or more Residents. It is similar to group chat, but more dynamic, since everyone on your friends list can be invited, as well as everyone where you got a calling card from.

@JUSTUS Palianta I have tried to make contact sets myself and they never seem to stick when I login again so I didn't think of that. This is an interesting theory though. I think I'll need to ask him if that's what he is doing and ask to be removed from it. THANK YOU!

@Krystina Ferraris No I cannot really, since they are a colleague who I will see from time to time. But thank you for the response. 

@Gabriele Graves As stated, I cannot simply turn off all conferences via preferences since I do need to use/receive them from others - just not this one person. But thank you for the response.

@Rowan Amore I have not found any actual way of initiating a conference from calling cards, so the Wiki is either outdated or poorly worded. But thank you for the response.

Edited by Nikole Messmer

5 minutes ago, Nikole Messmer said:

@JUSTUS Palianta I have tried to make contact sets myself and they never seem to stick when I login again so I didn't think of that. This is an interesting theory though. I think I'll need to ask him if that's what he is doing and ask to be removed from it. THANK YOU!

@Krystina Ferraris No I cannot really, since they are a colleague who I will see from time to time. But thank you for the response. 

@Gabriele Graves As stated, I cannot simply turn off all conferences via preferences since I do need to use/receive them from others - just not this one person. But thank you for the response.

@Rowan Amore I have not found any actual way of initiating a conference from calling cards, so the Wiki is either outdated or poorly worded. But thank you for the response.

As was mentioned, contact sets can be made without the person being on your friend list.

13 minutes ago, Nikole Messmer said:

@Gabriele Graves also cannot do that, but thank you. I think I have the answer from the first person who responded.

Fair enough, I admit I skim read some of the posts.  I also saw the bit in the OP where you said you unfriended them which usually indicates you don't want any further conversation with them, hence my response.  I missed the bit further down where you explained they were a colleague.

Sorry about that.  Anyway, glad you got an answer you are happy with.

9 hours ago, Nikole Messmer said:

since they are a colleague who I will see from time to time.

if the call is about nothing what has to do with the job and only with the colleague, it would end very fast for me .. or the job or he/her ...
Talk to your employer or the person involved to make it very clear.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.