Would it be possible for LL to allow air and ocean vehicle traffic through vacant sims?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Would it be possible for LL to allow air and ocean vehicle traffic through vacant sims?

I like to sail, and I think it would enhance my gameplay experience as well as my sense of immersion if I could travel between separate sims by physical means. As it is, I just come up against an invisible barrier whenever I try to sail into what looks like ocean, but is in fact a void. Couldn't LL repackage vast swaths of empty ocean as vast "sims" with extremely limited usage (low prim count appropriate for vehicles, hour or even half hour object return settings, etc.)?

2 answers to this question

That would make life very difficult for private sim owners, for whom privacy is guaranteed because they are surrounded by unnavigable air and ocean.   Yes, I have often thought that it would be great to fly across the void to the next private sim.  I'm often just as glad that other people can't fly or sail into mine.

On the mainland, of course, LL owns everything, so you CAN sail or fly across open water.  If you want great sailing, that's where you want to go.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.