Is there a way to make an object phantom for avatars only

Uallas Borgin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am tired of getting blue notes at my archery range on mainland whenever an arrow strays into a neighbours land. I would like to place an invisible wall that lets avi move freely but stops all objects.

What I am looking for is a way to detect if a collision is done by an avatar or an object. Can anyone help me on this?

To be clear, llVolumeDetect makes it possible to detect collisions of anything (agent or object) with a phantom object.  Collisions cannot otherwise be detected in phantom objects.  So, if your wall is set to phantom and llVolumeDetect is set to TRUE, anything will pass through the wall and be detected as it does.  Add llDetectedType to the script and you'll know what kind of object just went through.  Now, if you're firing arrows from inside the wall and you don't want them to stray onto a neighbor's property, put a script in each arrow that uses llOverMyLand to tell whether it is still in your parcel.  If not, kill it.

If you want it to block the arrows but not avatars,  you could have it go phantom when it detects a collision with an avatar, and be non-phantom the rest of the time.   An arrow could still sneak through while an avatar was passing through, but otherwise it would stop them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.