Why i cannot log in in second life from my computer?

Serena Straulino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today when i'v tried to log in Second Life appeared a message that told :

Login Failed.

Secon Life cannot be accessed from this computer.

If you feel this is an error, please contact

support@secondlife.com

I've did it and i've recived an e-mail that told me to read here to find a solution, i've found some post with my problem. but i've didn't undestand how to solve mine.

An Help will be appreciate,

Thank you :)

3 answers to this question

This is the wiki page that addresses your specific error message:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109

The bit that addresses it is here:

You cannot log into Second Life from this location

This error message may also appear as:

• Login failed.
  • Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer.

These messages generally indicate you have been blocked from the Second Life servers by Linden Lab as the result of:

• Documented cases of fraud
  • Use of Second Life by a minor
  • Exceptionally flagrant abuse activity

Note that someone else in your household may be responsible for this activity, not necessariliy with your account. 

If you believe that this is an error, submit a support ticket via the support portal. To help customer support determine what block has been placed and why, include in the ticket your Second Life account name and any Second Life accounts that log in from your location.

It may take some time to resolve this issue so be patient.  If you are a premium member, you can try to contact them via Live Chat.

The question really is did you receive an email from Linden Lab saying it has banned you for some reason as that is what that message means.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109

You cannot log into Second Life from this location

This error message may also appear as:

• Login failed.
  • Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer.

These messages generally indicate you have been blocked from the Second Life servers by Linden Lab as the result of:

• Documented cases of fraud
  • Use of Second Life by a minor
  • Exceptionally flagrant abuse activity

Note that someone else in your household may be responsible for this activity, not necessariliy with your account. 

If you believe that this is an error, submit a support ticket via the support portal. To help customer support determine what block has been placed and why, include in the ticket your Second Life account name and any Second Life accounts that log in from your location.

I'm a a bit puzzled why Support referred you here for a solution after you submitted a ticket. If the ban is real, you need to appeal this via a support ticket. If it's an error at LL, then LL needs to correct this. Did the reply say anthing else? The only thing I can think of is that you are not banned and there is no error at LL's end. In these circumstances, try unplugging your router and modem for a few minutes and then reconnect. Perhaps a banned IP recycled over to you and this may fix it.

EDIT: I'm too slow typing as usual lol...Venus just gave you the link.

There are occasionally problems that cause a failed log out. So, if you have been able to login, it may be a failed log out that is preventing your login. If you have never been able to login, then it is some registration problem and I suggest using one of the phone numbers to call and ask for help. Contacting Second Life/Linden Lab

Assuming you have been able to login...

There are currently some errors that can crash the viewer on log out. You won't notice a problem as the viewer just closes. But, when you try to login the next time there is a problem. The problem usually clears when the region you log out from is restarted. That usually happens on Tuesday or Wednesday morning SLT/PST, but not always. 

Rather than wait, I say like someone would actually would, there are several things you can try. Rather than repeat that information in multiple posts here I have written a blog article on how to get past the login problems. It has several options the Lindens don't support or explain. See: I Can’t Login

Hopefully, those tricks will get you logged in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.