Hi , I don't know why but everytime i log on my second life account it crashes no msges show !

Shoug Friller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

As both your two accounts crash, the problem must come from the viewer. Delete all the elements of your current viewer from your computer and download a fresh version. You may also try to login from a third party viewer such as Phoenix or Firestorm to see if you have the same issues.

• Like 1

If you ONLY use just the main Linden Lab (LL) viewer for Second Life (SL) then a reinstall is simple enough. However, the uninstall does not necessarily clean out all the files you need deleted. It depends on the version of the viewer you are using. Rather than deal with all the versions, I take the position that a clean install is the best way to deal with this and that requires the manual deletion of some files.

The Lab has instructions in the SL Wiki for doing a clean install for Windows and Apple.

You may not need to do a clean install. There are several other things that can do to fix a crash on install. It is easier for those telling you how to fix it to recommend a clean install. But, if you use more than one viewer things get complex and no simple answer works.

For all the details on how to deal with clean installs on a machine with multiple viewers, which files must be manually deleted, and what steps to take short of a clean install read: Clean Install

One of the simple fixes is to restart the computer after a viewer crash with the subsequent inability to login afterwards.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.