What new name would you give Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Conifer Dada said:

"Woot!"  That seems to be an SL word, although there's not much cause for wooting these days as by the time everything that's going to rez has done so, the 'woot' moment has long passed or went un-noticed.😟

Fun fact: Years ago, "Woot!" was pretty much taken over by "woot.com", a popular retail "liquidation" company that was later purchased by Amazon. In that context, "woot" literally means "want one of those". (Their original main "thing" is to offer a single item until it is sold out.)

• Thanks 2

"Y" - because running up to space daddy and stealing his thunder with a wet slap would be hilarious. We would get miles of print, everyone would laugh. It's on point for meme culture and raises a very resonant question begging to be answered a million different ways; "Y" are any of us doing this.

it would be glorious and a solid power move.

Marketing would have so much material to work with.

I27BiOc.png

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

In case space daddy already took preemptive measures against us succeeding to convince LL of "Y" in the hypothetical renaming, I nominate "Y O Y", maybe he didn't manage to convince powers that be to sell out our all's alphabet completely yet, and some made-up combinations might be fine, yet. No luck, though, even if he only focused on the most playable ones, and got them. You think Apple bought the A? There is a step from monopolizing a fruit to a letter, though, I concede.

Anyhow, I'm all for Y, it'd be a hoot.

Edited by InnerCity Elf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.