Changing a Maturity Rating from G to M

Stoner Stormcrow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, the most practical fix will be to sell the land and move to a region with the rating you want. Usually LL will not change the rating for a mainland region, but they do reserve the right to do it if they want to. If you can get all the land owners on that region to agree to a change, it won't hurt to ask, but moving will be surer to work.

Stoner Stormcrow wrote:

Right. Everyone around me is an M and I am G. Thought it might be possible.

Everyone else on your sim is also G rated. It can only be changed for the whole sim, not little bits of the sim. Whether LL would change it if you owned the whole sim... I don't know, and I'd suggest ticketing if that were the case. But you don't own the whole sim, so your best option is moving.

(As an aside to that, I do know someone with a whole sim who has asked for the maturity rating to be changed. It'll be interested to see if LL does it.)

You are able to change the Maturity Rating for the Parcel but only the Parcel, The region will still be a G rating. Go to About Land and the Options Tab. You can change it there. 

You mentioned that all the parcels around you are M rated. Is it possible the region is M rated too and you have the M rating unchecked on the About Land > Option tab? I believe the default on this tab when purchasing land is to be unchecked.

SynCere Talon wrote:

You are able to change the Maturity Rating for the Parcel but only the Parcel, The region will still be a G rating. Go to About Land and the Options Tab. You can change it there. 

When the sim is G rated, the moderate content checkbox is greyed out. It can't be selected.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.