reporting inappropriate content with more than one tab open causes problems?

bee Baroque

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

scenario: i have more than one tab open (firefox) each showing different forum threads; usually i have 4-5 at a time. when reporting a post in one of the tabs other than the last one, after reporting i am returned to the page with the "moderator notified" message, but the page is showing the last tab i opened - a post i had no intentions of reporting.

so, did i just report the wrong post then? :smileysurprised: or is this some weird firefox phenomenon?

with the old forum software i could easily see which posts had been reported. now i cannot. :(

is this happening to someone else?

Its been happening to me since day 1, the tab you report closes and the next one along in the row has the confirmation message on it lol :D

I`m not sure if it reports the right one or not, first time it happened I freaked out and sent a message to mods saying I didn`t mean to report the other one. Now I just make sure I don`t report anything unless its the only tab open or I open the report in a new window, just to be sure.

I agree tis most weird. :)

Can't say about reporting, but I've noticed when I go to reply to someone then open another thread while I'm writing it, if I decide to cancel my reply it will send me to the page I pulled up in the interim. But that only happens when I pull the page up after going into a reply. Could it be that you pulled up a page while you were writing up a report? In which case you're probably reporting the correct post.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.