Resizer + Colour tint script needed - any recommendations

Sonya Bigboots

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need a good script to put into items I have madethat will allow people to resize and recolour prim items they have bought from me.

Can anybody recommend a good script to buy, as I have heard all the nightmares about people spending a fortune on over-complicated scripts that just don't work.

By a good script, I mean:

• Low lag and simple
  • Option to delete script entirely once item modified by new owner
  • Colour choice and resizing combined in one simple to use script.

It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a basic script that will resize the whole multi-prim object and give an option to chose different colours while leaving the texture as it is.

So can anybody recommend any reasonably priced scripts they know work, or point me in the direction of some basic freebie scripts I can try to adapt and learn from?

Thanks.

If you look in the Forum LSL Library  you will find Void's resizer script, and, if you go to the Wiki LSL Library, you'll find several resizer and recolouring scripts there.

Just in general, I think you'll find people here considerably more helpful if you're asking for advice -- no matter how basic -- about how to make a recolouring script than we're likely to be on product recommendations (particularly since several people here make stuff to sell, and promoting your own goods and services is considered rather poor form).

Yes I agree Dora it is much simpler... but unfortunately that normally means prim items are pirated very quickly even if you don't give people transfer or copy rights.

I hate the idea of using recolouring and resizing scripts, but it seems that you have to make your items no modify if your don't want prim items stolen

Point taken Innula - but I would only expect people to say they thought someone elses work was good, not their own.

I'd already found the resizing script that works really well -yay!

Going to look at the recolouring scripts later with a fresh pair of eyes in the morning, although even if I manage to get one to work I don't know how to begin combining them into one resize+recolor  script.

Here's a very simple schema of how combining a resizing script with a re-colouring one might work:

list main_menu = ["Recolor","Resize"];list colours =["Red","Green","Blue"];list sizes = ["+10","+5","+1","-10","-5","-1"];list buttons;integer dialog_channel;integer handle;string caption;default{	state_entry()	{		dialog_channel = ((integer)("0x"+llGetSubString((string)llGetKey(),-8,-1)) & 0x3FFFFFFF) ^ 0xBFFFFFFF;		//negative number based on the prim's uuid -- very unlikely anything else on the sim is going to be using it	}	touch_start(integer total_number)	{		llListenRemove(handle);//close any stray listeners		key av = llDetectedKey(0);		handle = llListen(dialog_channel,"",av,""); //listen only to the toucher		buttons = main_menu;		caption = "Do you want to recolor or to resize the object?"		llDialog(av,caption, buttons,dialog_channel);		llSetTimerEvent(20.0);//20 seconds to reply	}	listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string msg	{		llSetTimerEvent(20.0); // give them time to consider the next choice		if("Recolor"==msg){			caption = "Please Pick a color";			buttons = colours;		}		else if ("Resize"=msg){			caption = "Please choose a new size";			buttons = sizes;		}		else if(~llListFindList(colours,[msg])){// if the message is one of the colouring options // do recolouring stuff		}		else if (~llListFindList(sizes,[msg])){// if it's a sizing option, // do resizing stuff		}		llDialog(id,caption,buttons,dialog_channel); // and re-present the menu, with new buttons if necessary, to the user	}	timer()	{		llListenRemove(handle);		llSetTimerEvent(0.0);	}}

I have to say that, while I take your point about the possibility of someone ripping your prim shapes if you leave the item modifiable, it's not that easily done using lsl, and it's not going to take textures or sculptmaps (unless the item is full perms). 

Put it like this, if I wanted to make an illegal copy of something, I can think of far easier and more efficient ways of doing it than ripping the prim parameters by script (and I'm at the advantage of actually knowing how to copy prim params by script, which I don't think a lot of content rippers are), that would have the added advantage that it wouldn't matter if the item were modifiable or not.

You know best, but I would certainly suggest you weigh the possible advantages of the -- to my mind -- nugatory protection afforded by making your items no mod against the certain disadvantages of thus making a lot of people (me included) very unwilling to buy them if they can't be modified using the editing tools.

I have to agree with Innula.  Personally, I would never  buy clothing that was no mod, and recent threads in these forums suggest that I am far from alone.  Resizers will do exactly what they say -- resize -- but they can't adjust for your shape.  Because we all have different shapes in SL (just like RL), a skirt that fits well on one person will not necessarily look good on another person who is the same size.  If I can't change the dimensions of a waistband so that a skirt sits well on my hips, for example, I have wasted my money.  As a scripter, I could easily package the prim clothing I design and sell with a resizer script.  I know what I look for as a customer in other designers' shops, however, so I won't consider doing it.  All my clothes are sold copy/mod/no-trans.

Thanks Innula,

This looks like useful info giving some idea how to create a menu.

I was under the impression that if I left a prim attatchment mod and copy but no transfer that a script could be inserted into it that could clone it and be used to make pirate copies that could also be transfered, so sold on. Do I take it that while my prim objects could be copied if mod+copy, that the textures used on them are safe if the textures are set to no transfer?

Sonya Bigboots wrote: Do I take it that while my prim objects could be copied if mod+copy, that the textures used on them are safe if the textures are set to no transfer?

The best you can do is to test it

Set next owner's permissions, give the object to an alt and let your alt try to copy whatever you are concerned about:smileyvery-happy:

Sonya Bigboots wrote:

Thanks Innula,

This looks like useful info giving some idea how to create a menu.

I was under the impression that if I left a prim attatchment mod and copy but no transfer that a script could be inserted into it that could clone it and be used to make pirate copies that could also be transferred, so sold on. Do I take it that while my prim objects could be copied if mod+copy, that the textures used on them are safe if the textures are set to no transfer?

Precisely.   If you give me a  mod+copy but no transfer item I can read the prim parameters by script, but I can't read the uuids of either the textures or the sculptmaps.   I end up with something covered in the default texture and, if it contains sculpts, default sculptie spheres of the correct size and at the correct orientation.

You don't need to worry about the permissions of the textures themselves -- assuming you're not including them in the object (i.e. you're applying them to the object by script), then unless the object is full perms, I can't read them, at least not if I'm using a TOS-compliant viewer (and if I'm not, then all bets are off).

What I could do, I guess, if I happen to have copies of the textures and sculpts in my inventory anyway, is use the texture editor to identify them in the mod but no transfer object and then apply them manually from my inventory  to the full-perms copy I've made by script.    If I don't, I'm stuck (speaking as someone who once managed to turn half a mod but no copy house into brushed aluminum when I accidentally applied a texture to the wall rather than a worksurface, I know this all too well).

But I can't read them using either lsl or any legitimate viewer.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

But I can't read them using either lsl or any legitimate viewer.

Umm... can't get the UUID by script no but any legitimate viewer provides all that's needed to be able to get and apply someone else's textures.  I won't expand here, i'm sure you know how Innula :)

Since nothing has actually been copied, it also does raise the question of whether the method is doing anything wrong.  I am not that lawer!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.