SL Hot Takes & Unpopular Opinions!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Unity Evermore said:

A gift? Sounds like a bribe to dissuade them from giving you a bad review.

Reviews are totally overrated and hardly a thing these days. Not even 0.5% of the sales lead to a review.
Which brings me on topic for this thread: The rating system could be taken down from the marketplace all together IMHO.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Unity Evermore said:

I think you're afraid

A gift? Sounds like a bribe to dissuade them from giving you a bad review.

In my opinion, it's interesting when an account's posts sound like those of a disgruntled merchant but the account that's doing the posting shows no evidence of having a store.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Reviews are totally overrated and hardly a thing these days. Not even 0.5% of the sales leads to a review.
Which brings me on topic for this thread: The rating system could be taken down from the marketplace all together IMHO.

I always try to leave one but problem is that a lot of the things I buy are in world... It's silly there's still no integration of in world and marketplace sales.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Hate to rain on your parade but...

1. Nomadic Vehicle Fanatics are NOT the primary users of mainland, that would be mainland parcel owners, many of them residential, and even more in the hands of large land speculators, which is a substantial amount of premium subscriptions, and Tier payments.

2. Mainland is NOT "90-100% abandoned", figures from Grid Survey seem to suggest a figure closer to 20%. That's about 80% occupied and being paid for and awful lot of lost tier revenue.

Like many Bellicosians, you VASTLY overestimate your importance, when expressing your hatred for Mainlanders.

Belli is nothing but an endless tract of suburbia, mainland (including Zindra) is where all the fun, interesting stuff is 😁

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Reviews are totally overrated and hardly a thing these days. Not even 0.5% of the sales leads to a review.

Ya, it gets just as gamed as anything.. Half the time it could be the competition leaving a bad review, throw away alts leaving good ones..

I seen one store that had the same exact reviews in different products on the MP.. hehehe

Then you have, Leave a good review and get a 500L discount on your product.. Who's not going for the discount? hehehe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

throw away alts

When I see a lot of reviews on a product, even if I'm not considering buying it, I like to look at the reviews.  It's often 5 or 6 reviews from accounts all created around the same time and the reviews are often within a few days of each other.  Partly why I disregard most reviews when making a purchase.

We also see those alts here in the forums (even in this thread).  😁

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's all just a game anyway..right?

There is gaming  and then there is Gaming the game..

ETA: I'm going in world, because I don't want to eat up my weekend in the forums..I also don't want it to come off as I'm one that has a problem with Good Creators.. I don't and get along really well with them..

I also don't want to derail this thread to  being just about creators.. So I'm gonna go in and shop from some of the Good ones..

I also know all customers aren't good as well.. Having a bunch of friends that are creators, I can also understand where they are coming from..

Everyone have a great day..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

Saying a body or head (or anything, really) is 'mesh' is redundant. System bodies and even prims are made from 3D geometries of polygons - ergo, mesh. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

In my opinion, it's interesting when an account's posts sound like those of a disgruntled merchant but the account that's doing the posting shows no evidence of having a store.

If it is a disgruntled merchant, wouldn't that be the smart thing to do to avoid a possible adverse impact on sales?

8 hours ago, Orwar said:

Saying a body or head (or anything, really) is 'mesh' is redundant. System bodies and even prims are made from 3D geometries of polygons - ergo, mesh. 

Technically that's correct. However, prims are governed by mathematical relationships, which is why tools to edit them are easy to make. But more importantly, we needed some kind of distinction between the kinds of objects that can be built with the in world tools, and the kind that have to be built with third party applications and then imported. "Mesh" was arguably the wrong term to choose, but it's too late now.

Oh...and to the OP: Long live flexi!!!!!!!!

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You're mistaking fear for common sense. If a merchant is using their forum signature and profile to promote their merchandise, they're not going to post criticism of customers in the forum, even though customers absolutely deserve it.

The customer is not always right. Most of the time, customers don't even know what they want until a creator comes along and shows them what they should want.

• Haha 1

Here's a other hot take/unpopular opinion:

Popular creators having tip jars set out is silly. You really expect us to tip you for re-texturing something you bought full perm off the MP or other 3rd party sites and resell for far more than its actually worth? Are y'all not making ENOUGH off sells? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ivy Mysterious said:

Here's a other hot take/unpopular opinion:

in general opinions are something from many people, yours seem to be very personal. Perhaps the thread title isn't wise chosen.

45 minutes ago, Ivy Mysterious said:

Popular creators having tip jars set out is silly. You really expect us to tip you for re-texturing something you bought full perm off the MP or other 3rd party sites and resell for far more than its actually worth? Are y'all not making ENOUGH off sells? 

Creators do'nt put it out and expect you to pay, it's a possibility to do so. Nobody HAS.
A customer cán appreciate some extra service that the creator give personalle andyou have no clue about.
It's not your business where a creator gets their models. If you don't want it, don't buy. Very simple.

Also your judgement about their earnings, is again nót your business. If they want to ask 10k for a plywood prim they cán do that.. are they greedy? or have idiots as customer?....
Stay away from shops you don't like. It's better for your own bloodpressure, you live longer, and the creator won't even notice you didn't visit, that's your importance.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Then you have, Leave a good review and get a 500L discount on your product.. Who's not going for the discount? hehehe

If I ever get a message like that because I am the way that I am I decide not to leave a review even if I was going to leave a great review.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.