WoW in SL...

MajikVixen Lorefield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello...

What I wish to do is recreate my Classic WoW character as an avatar in SL... 

...I got most of the body parts + texture/clothing body stuffs/plans down...

But is anyone aware of any SL items that I can possibly take scripts/particles/animations out of to put into some "weapon" attachments (or maybe any "weapon" attachments already made as such)?  ...Purely for cool looks (I don't wanna actually hurt anyone in here).  Just like maybe every so often I could do like a little black poof with shiny purple stuff or something (like I'm casting a spell), IDK, maybe even thrust up into the air with my fist while doing so ...Whatever, LOL...  Like, "Hey, how's it going?  Nice avatar!" and then I can poof magic into the air or something to cheer someone on in here.  xD  Ya know?  :) 

It would simply make me very happy to walk around in here like my undead warlock character (please and thank you, if anyone knows anything awesome... and yeah, you can DM me if you prefer - "MajikVixen" on Discord too)...  Yay!  :D♥ 

Why WoW in SL in the first place?
WoW is alive and kicking, so if one wants to play WoW style, why not in WoW?
Or is that a too simple thought?

Added: I could see an Orc avatar for Halloween though.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I think that's pretty deep thinking, actually! I think some desire to create "other games" in Second Life because of the additional possibilities Second Life brings to most everything. I bet we could start a nice thread asking, "Why create other games in Second Life"?

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think that's pretty deep thinking, actually! I think some desire to create "other games" in Second Life because of the additional possibilities Second Life brings to most everything. I bet we could start a nice thread asking, "Why create other games in Second Life"?

I can see that people want to play Star Wars, Mickey Mouse or a Victorian princes, among other things, but WoW fans have WoW at hand. More realistic playing WoW isn't possible. It is the same to me with realistically wanting to fly in SL. The closest one can get to realistically flying is MS Flight Simulator. I would use that one, if I wanted to play a RL pilot.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I feel like that's something you could find at Birth (Flickr), Hazel (Flickr), LuluB (Flickr), , Petrichor (Flickr), Color Alchemists (Marketplace, with demos in-world), or Void (Flickr). There are particles, orbs, some weapons like daggers, animated crystals, etc. at some of those places.

Thank you!  I will definitely check!  :)

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Uhm, well, because I might rather be playing WoW but I'm not ready to let go of SL yet  :p

@Sid Nagy ...And maybe I'm too dumb enough to have known to take computer to local repair shop instead of corporate-make-money-off-you place, so WoW is the only other thing that will run now.

Edited by MajikVixen Lorefield
Added last line
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

It's not too unusual for people to want to recreate their outside SL game characters in SL. There's a lot of that in BeSpoke's Discord server, for example. Since they focus on fantasy heads and skins, game characters are always showing up in the Requests channel. They acknowledge that they can't and won't straight up copy IP and trademarks, of course, but so many people ask for products inspired by Baldur's Gate 3 characters, Guild Wars 2 characters, WoW characters (someone recently asked for something Worgen-like), Subnautica, Fortnite skins, etc.

Maybe it's for roleplay purposes or maybe it's just because they love their characters and want to wear them in here, too. People do be lovin' their cosplay. Goodness knows I've done my fair share of requesting. 😂

As for orcs...pfffft, we don't need Halloween for that!  😏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

It's not too unusual for people to want to recreate their outside SL game characters in SL. There's a lot of that in BeSpoke's Discord server, for example. Since they focus on fantasy heads and skins, game characters are always showing up in the Requests channel. They acknowledge that they can't and won't straight up copy IP and trademarks, of course, but so many people ask for products inspired by Baldur's Gate 3 characters, Guild Wars 2 characters, WoW characters (someone recently asked for something Worgen-like), Subnautica, Fortnite skins, etc.

Maybe it's for roleplay purposes or maybe it's just because they love their characters and want to wear them in here, too. People do be lovin' their cosplay. Goodness knows I've done my fair share of requesting. 😂

As for orcs...pfffft, we don't need Halloween for that!  😏

Plus in SL, you bring your own Avatar to anything you do. Infinite possibilities!

• Like 2

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Plus in SL, you bring your own Avatar to anything you do. Infinite possibilities!

True, and it's an easy way to signal to other gamers. Our community in there is full of people who are crazy about fantasy everything and gaming and art and all kinds of creative hobbies and things, so it's always kind of fun to see who is into what exactly. I found other MMO gamers that way when the topic came up of making GW2-inspired heads. Meeting up in-world sometimes is like a giant comic/anime/gaming con, I tell ya. Everybody just wearing their best. It's great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

True, and it's an easy way to signal to other gamers. Our community in there is full of people who are crazy about fantasy everything and gaming and art and all kinds of creative hobbies and things, so it's always kind of fun to see who is into what exactly. I found other MMO gamers that way when the topic came up of making GW2-inspired heads. Meeting up in-world sometimes is like a giant comic/anime/gaming con, I tell ya. Everybody just wearing their best. It's great.

I thought maybe Five Nights at Freddie's was another "mix it up" character game, then I saw the movie preview!

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought maybe Five Nights at Freddie's was another "mix it up" character game, then I saw the movie preview!

Oh man, I never played that one. I'm too much of a scaredy cat. 😂

I see movie characters a lot more frequently than game ones, though, just browsing around Discord or Flickr and whatnot. Na'vi. Daniel Day-Lewis. 😂

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.