Vampires in sl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello dear darklings,

I hope this is the right place to write I couldn't make out any other place though looking for it.

Recently I have created a new avatar in SL for vampire activities (so I'm not new to sl) and looking for inspiration to it. My main interest is getting to know about the possibilities to live as a vampire and looking for active places for it. I hope here are some vampires or people who know more and could tell me something. I don't want to rp but I would like to know what the so called bloodlines are and know more about the family communities. As I love music I would appreciate sims to visit too. 

About myself I know few about vampires only what you get through the TV shows like Dracula or the romantic movie "only lovers left alive" with Tilda Swinton... So I'm a beginner as a vampire too. I just follow my inspirations and dark desires. 

Greetings Lilith Desdemonia

• Like 2

I'm going to be blunt here and so this may offend some...

Bloodlines is a pyramid scheme designed to force people to pay L$ for content and prey upon others to gain power. You do not need Bloodlines or any other system to play the part of a vampire. Bloodlines and Progeny both have tainted names in the minds of land owners due to the unwelcome antics of some of their participants.

If you just want to live the vampire lifestyle without being forced to spend a heap of L$ for nothing but a score on a website then your best bet is to use the search facility and look for some gothic / vampire themed places. If they are any good they will not insist that you need to use one of the aforementioned systems to take part in their activities.

Edited by Randy Pole
typo
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Randy Pole said:

I'm going to be blunt here and so this may offend some...

Bloodlines is a pyramid scheme designed to force people to pay L$ for content and prey upon others to gain power. You do not need Bloodlines or any other system to play the part of a vampire. Bloodlines and Progeny both have tainted names in the minds of land owners due to the unwelcome antics of some of their participants.

If you just want to live the vampire lifestyle without being forced to spend a heap of L$ for nothing but a score on a website then your best bet is to use the search facility and look for some gothic / vampire themed places. If they are any good they will not insist that you need to use one of the aforementioned systems to take part in their activities.

Any information about vampire lifestyle is appreciated.^^ Thanks Randy for letting me know about their paying system. I surely don't want to spent money for being hunted.^^

Searching is good and I have already a couple of sims but most might be US based, so I would really be happy if someone knows some active places I could visit.

So far I have found the Vampire Empire, Cemeterium and I want also mention Nocturne as a dark sim. As a club I like the Black Division a lot. There are friendly people and the music is just what I like. 🙂But as already said they mostly seem to be US based.^^

Edited by LilithDesdemonia
underlined the sims
  • Like 1

Transylvania is the longest running vampire community in SL. Might be an okay place to start.  https://secondlife.com/destination/transylvania

I think the Vampire Empire is affiliated, but I'm not 100% sure. It's been a million years since I visited Transylvania, so I'm sure things have changed quite a bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Transylvania is the longest running vampire community in SL. Might be an okay place to start.  https://secondlife.com/destination/transylvania

I think the Vampire Empire is affiliated, but I'm not 100% sure. It's been a million years since I visited Transylvania, so I'm sure things have changed quite a bit.

I agree with you Transilvania is an awesome place and I hope to meet some more people there soon. They have the "Wall" which is the event site of their sim I guess but due to my young age I need to wait a little for entering it.^^ As far as I understand it the Vampire Empire is Transilvania but they have the second "sim?" called the Wall. Interesting aspect is the family part which they may have changed as I haven't seen anything at their castle. But I will keep looking up for it. Thanks for the input. 😇

->P.S. I have found the family part at the castle, so sorry for the chaos.

Edited by LilithDesdemonia
adding text for an update
  • Like 1

New Toulouse is an early 20th Century New Orleans themed sim with light, optional roleplay that is comfortable with vampire avatars. They also have tiny and furry avatars, as well as humans and occational Lovecraft-style monsters.

The Anne Rice Vampire Chronicals books are a good source for fictional vampire themes. Her first 2 books are recreated in the movie and AMC series Interview with a Vampire. Her 2nd, 3rd and 4th? books in the series are recreated in the movie Queen of the Damned. (The first book, Interview with a Vampire, is told from the perspective of the vampire Louis. The second book, The Vampire Lestat, is told from the perspective of the vampire Lestat.)  Much of the movie and TV series are set in early 20th century New Orleans, which has RL vampire lore too, so it's a good setting for vampire RP.

RL vampire folklore varies in different parts of the world. Fictional vampire lore varies with each author and movie director. There are thus big difference between the character of Dracula in Bram Stoker's Dracula vs. Barnabas Collins in the original Dark Shadows soap opera vs. the vampires in Anne Rice's novels vs. the vampires in the book & movie The Hunger vs. the vampies in the Twilight series vs. the vampires in What We Do In The Shadows or other vampire fiction.

I highly recommend the movie and TV series of Interview with a Vampire and The Hunger. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LilithDesdemonia said:

I agree with you Transilvania is an awesome place and I hope to meet some more people there soon. They have the "Wall" which is the event site of their sim I guess but due to my young age I need to wait a little for entering it.^^ As far as I understand it the Vampire Empire is Transilvania but they have the second "sim?" called the Wall. Interesting aspect is the family part which they may have changed as I haven't seen anything at their castle. But I will keep looking up for it. Thanks for the input. 😇

I don't think The Wall is a separate sim. I think it's their Gothic dance club area. Transylvania used to have a good Vampire Museum too, but I don't know if they still have it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

New Toulouse is an early 20th Century New Orleans themed sim with light, optional roleplay that is comfortable with vampire avatars. They also have tiny and furry avatars, as well as humans and occational Lovecraft-style monsters.

The Anne Rice Vampire Chronicals books are a good source for fictional vampire themes. Her first 2 books are recreated in the movie and AMC series Interview with a Vampire. Her 2nd, 3rd and 4th? books in the series are recreated in the movie Queen of the Damned. (The first book, Interview with a Vampire, is told from the perspective of the vampire Louis. The second book, The Vampire Lestat, is told from the perspective of the vampire Lestat.)  Much of the movie and TV series are set in early 20th century New Orleans, which has RL vampire lore too, so it's a good setting for vampire RP.

RL vampire folklore varies in different parts of the world. Fictional vampire lore varies with each author and movie director. There are thus big difference between the character of Dracula in Bram Stoker's Dracula vs. Barnabas Collins in the original Dark Shadows soap opera vs. the vampires in Anne Rice's novels vs. the vampires in the book & movie The Hunger vs. the vampies in the Twilight series vs. the vampires in What We Do In The Shadows or other vampire fiction.

I highly recommend the movie and TV series of Interview with a Vampire and The Hunger. 

I will have a look at New Toulouse, thank you for the info! 

I know the movie "Interview with a vampire and loved it. I didnt know that "Queen of the Damned" is the contiuation and that its source is Anne Rice's Chronicals. Much appreciated! 🤩

Thanks a lot for the huge input.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I don't think The Wall is a separate sim. I think it's their Gothic dance club area. Transylvania used to have a good Vampire Museum too, but I don't know if they still have it.

Oh that may be as I can not enter the Wall yet because of my age I don't know but I didn't see it on the Transilvanian sim so you may be right.^^

• Like 1

highly recommend the movie and TV series of Interview with a Vampire

Read the books. They're far better than the movies. Lots of important details were left out of the movies.

There's a reason the tv series only lasted one season. 

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Read the books. They're far better than the movies. Lots of important details were left out of the movies.

Movies always leave out details, merge characters, and are influenced by their director and actors. Reading the book first, then seeing the movie or TV series adaption is best, but it's faster and easier to watch a movie or TV series.

Here's the Safe For Work shorter version of the opening scene of The Hunger. The 6 minute version on YouTube is NSFW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Movies always leave out details, merge characters, and are influenced by their director and actors. Reading the book first, then seeing the movie or TV series adaption is best, but it's faster and easier to watch a movie or TV series.

Here's the Safe For Work shorter version of the opening scene of The Hunger. The 6 minute version on YouTube is NSFW.

Surely this was not aimed at me even if you did quote me. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I am sad that there was a remake of The Hunger from the original with Bowie it.

That being said, I DID read a lot of the Anne Rice novels, and the "Queen of the Damned" movie was just pure awful compared to the book.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That being said, I DID read a lot of the Anne Rice novels, and the "Queen of the Damned" movie was just pure awful compared to the book.

I never read Anne Rice and generally, I'm not much of a vampire fan (despite trying to work them into some of my own stories many years ago), but I do 1000% agree with you that Queen of the Damned was a freaking awful movie. To be fair, I also hated Interview with a Vampire. Pretty vamps just aren't my thing. 

I'm not too knowledgeable about current day vampire communities in SL, but if the topic happens to roll around to creating vampire avatars and styling them, y'all can poke me because boy do I have ideas for THAT. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am sad that there was a remake of The Hunger from the original with Bowie it.

I didn't know a remake of the movie was ever considered. There's no need, as the original is a near perfect 1980's neon noir thriller. 

A quick Google search turned up plans by Warner Brothers to film a remake, but no actual remake movie. 

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'm not too knowledgeable about current day vampire communities in SL, but if the topic happens to roll around to creating vampire avatars and styling them, y'all can poke me because boy do I have ideas for THAT. 😂

I'm only vampiric in that I've worn the same vampire fangs for maybe 12-14 years. I like them better than the official fang toothuses you can add for Jake, etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm only vampiric in that I've worn the same vampire fangs for maybe 12-14 years. I like them better than the official fang toothuses you can add for Jake, etc.

Fangs I'm not sure of, but mannnn there are some heads that would look siiiiick on a vampire avatar.

Speaking of which, fantasy shopping communities and groups (shopping events, heads, accessories, clothing, etc.) might be beneficial to join. Plenty of people involved in them know of current events and activities going on in SL. The BeSpoke head group occasionally posts live music events and book readings in their Discord. I know Vae Victis also has a Discord channel and they're currently running a Halloween photo contest. Perhaps some of the other dark-themed events and stores have in-world or Discord social groups to join as well. You might be able to network through those to find some community events and happenings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

There's a reason the tv series only lasted one season. 

Season 2 of the AMC series is in the works, and since Hollywood studios have reached an agreement with the Writers Guild of America, production should be continuing soon, with an expected release date sometime in 2024. The TV series version is very different from the book and from the original movie, but some of those differences are explained as a different perspective by Louis, now that he's older, and that neither he nor Lestat are entirely reliable narrators.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/interview-with-the-vampire-season-2-cast-release-date-everything-to-know/

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Season 2 of the AMC series is in the works, and since Hollywood studios have reached an agreement with the Writers Guild of America, production should be continuing soon, with an expected release date sometime in 2024. The TV series version is very different from the book and from the original movie, but some of those differences are explained as a different perspective by Louis, now that he's older, and that neither he nor Lestat are entirely reliable narrators.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/interview-with-the-vampire-season-2-cast-release-date-everything-to-know/

Still not watching it. lol Edit: Can't because I can't afford cable anymore.

neither he nor Lestat are entirely reliable narrators.

That was established early on in the first book.

Brad Pitt just out right sucked as Louis and the only time Tom Cruise came anywhere close to being Lestat was at the very end of the movie. The scene where all you see are his hands as he straightens his lace cuffs while holding the steering wheel. Just those few seconds.

Starts around 0:45.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.